Chapter 3- "Misery loves company, and I'm its favourite companion"

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Disclaimer: This chapter entails scenes of rape and self-harm, so if senstitive to these subjects then do not read this chapter. Annoying, rude comments will not be tolerated.

And.....Leggo!

Claris Jacobsen:

 A day formed into two where the school hallways weren't graced with the presence of Ethan Rivers.  Now if your anything like me your  dancing like a loon on loon tablets because your elated that the bane of your existence isn't polluting your atmosphere; if your anything like Addy, your the trigger that sparks a whirlwind of stupid, unrealistic rumours as to way All Saint's most adored student isn't here.

A relatively quite school day ended with the monotonous sound of the school bell, grunts of dismissal from teachers, and a sea of frantic students fighting to get out of school as soon as possible.

I was situated at my locker, storing my books away when Addy appears next to me with an impish grin etched on her lips.

"So where do you think your man has disappeared to?"

"I don't know and I really don't care" I responded disinterested.

"Oh come on Claris, everybody's contributed to the cauldron of crazy theories as to Ethan's whereabouts: whether it be him in jail, kidnapped...or even dead! Your the only person I haven't asked and I know your thinking something outrageous in that pretty little head of yours".

"Well I think"-I slammed my locker shut-"that Ethan's probably been suspended because of the 'Bonfire Spectacular' he caused in PSS. And I also think you know the truth but your just getting people to say bullshit so the inner gossip monster in you is well entertained"

"Oh you know me so well" Addy flicks her blonde hair dramatically.

Rolling my eyes at Addy theatrics, I began walking down the hallway towards the entrance. I gripped the handles of the double French doors and pulled, opening the flood gates for the warm  sun and thick spring wind to grace my skin.

"Got any plan tonight? I'm starvin' like marvin' and was hoping we could grab some food"

I winced, "Sorry Addy, tonight-" And then my phone rang, releasing a very crude Lily Allen song and vigorous vibrations. I reached round and dug my phone out my back pocket. My eyes landed on the caller ID:

Mum

My skin paled and my heart stopped.

"Claris?" Addy spoke softly, I felt her cold finger tips brush my arms causing me to flinch. "Are you okay Claris? you looked really spooked suddenly".

"I'm fine" I replied hoarsely 

Finally, my finger slammed the 'end call' button and my phone flashed to black. Shoving my phone back in my pocket, I breathed.

"I gotta go Addy, I'll see you tommorow". I turned away from Addy and began to walk to my car.

"But Claris-"

"I'll see you later Addy" I dismissed without looking at her. I slide into the drivers seat of my car and switched my car on, the engine whirred and purred with life and coughed into a steady sound as I navigated my way out of the parking space and drove off.

*                                                                                                       *                                                                   *