Chapter 1 - The Terrible Past

I lay under my duvet, shivering although it was the middle of July and my window was thrown open to allow a cool breeze to play into the room. Shutting my eyes as tight as I could untill I saw stars, I tried to block out the noise - or should I say the silence. I wasn't used to being alone all night. Millie and Jacob, my bestie-ghosties, couldn't be with me in this house in St. Petersburg with my auntie Sonya patrolling the corridors like the creep she is.

   My name is Elin Therrt, and I used to live in London with my parents and sister befor the accident. I still remember vividly when my mother, Alona, was going with me to the park. We where standing next to each other in the ice cream queue, and I turned around to look at the proud, ancient willow tree that had been there for nearly a century, marvelling at it. But when I turned back round, mother was gone. I was left alone, a stranded, skinny little 11-year-old, waiting for an ice cream in the line. I looked around wildly and when I didn't see her, I ran home crying furiously.

   My father was a professor at Queen Mary University of London; he taught law to the lucky students who went there. His name is - was - Vladimir Therrt, and by my standards he was a sweet old soul. I loved how his blue eyes crinkled in the cornrs when he smiled, and how soft his voice was when he sung me a lullaby. Oh, I miss him so much. And Beatrice.

   Bea was only a 7 year old when it happened. Father started getting farther and farther away from us when the police told him there was no sign of our mum anywhere. He stopped eating, and spent his days in his room talking to himself. I was left to fend for the two of us. Most likely a neighbour saw me taking Bea to and from school and cooking our dinners, and phoned the police. It was a disaster for the two of us when the medics came to take father away, but he didn't seem to even notice. I wiped away a stray tear from my cheek after thinking about the memories.

   So, here I am, crying in bed because I want my family. Finally, not bieng able to take any longer, I swung my feet over the side of the bed and dug through my (still unpacked) suitcase until I found my iphone. I needed to talk to my friend Tammi, no matter how much it would cost me.

   Tams, I'm doing terrible. I miss you and the other guys at school.

   I wiped away another stray tear from my cheek, and saw that Tammi had already replied.

   Els, babe, don't worry. We all miss you like the world, I can't imagine what pain you're going through :-(

      Laying back on my pillow, I texted back: The only thing good about this place is that school ends in June and not July, and that there are lots of beaches.

    I yawned and wrote that I was tired. I lied. All I needed was some time to get used to the shock of going away and living here, without Bea. I was just a lost thirteen year old girl. Sighing, I rolled over on to my side in an atempt to fall asleep. I wish Millie and Jacob were here with me.

   Oh did I mention both Millie and Jacob where ghosts?

- Hiya guys!

   This is our first Wattpad piece of work, and we hope you enjoy! It revolves around a thirteen year old girl from London named Elina Therrt, who lost both her parents mysteriosly and is sepperated from her sister. Her true friends are ghosts, and when a third paranormal creature visits the streets of St. Petersburg, Elin is not sure what to do - exept that she has to do something.

                                                                                                           <3 from your Supergirls