Prologue

Prologue

"Alpha King, sir, we've located a nice settlement for your Coven." A furry, dog-like, man barked at his leader. Both of his ears set against his feathery hair, his head dipped low in slight submission, and his eyes cast on the ground. The Alpha King used his bushy tail to have the other look him in his glowing, pupil-less and iris-less, eyes.

"Good job, young Beta. Go back to the others, I will follow your scent after the remainder of our family has joined us." He ordered lightly, the Beta nodded his head briefly, turning from his leader after bowing and ran towards the trail he left behind. The Alpha King gazed out at a glowing meadow, waiting for his family to arrive at this, meeting point before starting to trek to their new settlement.

Three suns and a single moon brightly gleamed over the light turquoise sky, reddish pink clouds swirling around in a brilliant dance before coming together to form a massive black rain cloud. Giant birds running through the undergrowth, squacking and roaring at whatever creature lay in their path. A young, feminine, furred male carried four little newborns on his back. All of them fast asleep in their carrier, cuddled together in earth and protection.

He made his way up to the Alpha King, getting onto the tips of his hooves, and placed a single peck to his lips. His hands holding the strap that held up the young furrs growing tighter as the other male returned the peck.

"Greetings, my Alpha King." He said formally, though his voice held a cheery ring.

"Hello, my beloved Omega King. Is the rest of our family arriving with you?" The leader asked as he looked behind his mate, not sporting the rest of his traveling horde.

"Yea, their coming. Be patient love, they will follow you no matter what." Those sweet words assured the stressed furr, lightly bringing his small mate close, and rested his head on his. He smiled as he saw one of his antlered pups peak up at him with pink glowing eyes, chuckling at the cuteness he brought as his yawn let off a high pitched dog whine. He used his paw-like hands to rub the sleep from his face and giggled at his parent, his tail puffed up and covered himself so only his eyes shown, embarrassed as his Alpha King father reached down and pinched his snout.

The bushes rustled as four young Anthros stepped forward, their eyes scanning the area as they tried to spot their leader amongst the bright neon colours of the radioactive foliage. One let off a high-pitched whistle, soon returned with a howl. All four rushed towards the sweet call, panting and falling at his feet.

"That was one long walk...hopefully our predecessors don't have to deal with this."

"Got that right, Mahlion."

"Second it!"

"Quit whining and raise to your feet." The Alpha King commanded, they quickly got up and smiled at him, glad to have made it. "We only have another days travel, rest up here till the third sun rises."

"Yes, Alpha King!" Two collapsed onto the ground dramatically, the other two sat on a log and began talking. As the second sun rose over the mountain peak, a terrifying screech filled the air, sending shivers and fear through their pelts. Massive beasts with dull coloured brown and gray pelts, dead milky brown eyes, and long yellow saber fangs that reached to their feet stormed into the resting grounds, crushing and trampling all in their path. The Alpha King placed his mate and young underneath a tree, a cave just big enough for the eight-foot deer and his five-foot offspring to curl up in a protective ball to fit.

He snarled, his body beaming a bright blue and eyes blazing in radioactive powress. He barred his teeth, running his dripping tongue over the smooth front in an intimidating motion. A sixty foot tall, twelve foot long, beast charged at the furred man. It bringing out it's metal coated claws and struck him with full force. A loud wail of pain emitted from the depths of his core, his pulsating black blood oozing from the massive wounds on his stomach. He wrapped his arms tightly around it, struggling to stop the heavy flow. Cackling and morose laughter filled the air, it followed by deep growls and angered cries.

The mate to the Alpha King told his children to stay put, climbing out from the hole and dashed into the battle. He rammed right into the side of the creature, it flying across the clearing and landed with a painful thud. Limply it laid.

"Mantlion...don't fight...get back to the kids..." The mate begged as he fell to the ground, his final breath drawn and his glowing eyes turning black in death. Mantlion's own filled with acidic tears, his hoof-like hands clenching in fists. He turned and ran as fast as he could, glowing to his brightest point, and clapped his hands together. A radioactive wave surging forward and disintegrating the beasts in front of him. The other beasts gasped and whimpered, running off like cowards.

The deer fell to his feet, his remaining energy used up after he struck the ones that fled with a killer screech, him falling beside his mate. The tears flowed from his eyes as they closed for the last time. Never to reopen again. The cubs scrambled out from the cave, rushing to the sides of their dead parents. Loud cries of pain came in tragic harmony.

A family of dog-like people's ears picked up the cries, a scout sent out to see what might be the cause of those sounds. The scout stopped at the edge of a path, his eyes catching the small group of children curled around their limp, dead, parents. His eyes welled up in sorrow, calling for an Omega. The Omega ran to the children. Scooping them up one by one and handed them to the Family Group Alpha King and his Omega King mate, they explained what they saw, the leaders nodded and sighed.

"What will we do?" A Beta asked, looking at the two.

"We will take them in...raise them." The Alpha King said, holding onto one of the whimpering children. "We cannot leave them here...not on their own and with those Xenzoqueans on the hunt like this."