Something has change

"Finally" Sophie said.

"Want to come with me to eat?" I ask Sophie getting scared of what will she answer.

"Sure" Sophie said.

Sophie and I stand up and walk out of the chemistry lab. We walk to our lockers and put our things back and close our lockers. I put my things fast so that I have much time to eat.

After putting my things back, I wait for Sophie to put her things back.

"You done yet Sophie?" I ask standing behind her locker door.

Sophie closes her locker. "Yeah I'm ready" Sophie said.

We both walk to go to the canteen. We get to the canteen and we both immediately line up to buy food. We got our foods and look for a table to sit on.

While we are eating, Matt sits beside me.

"Hey bro" Matt said.

"Hey" I said to him then we hand shake.

"Can me and Chloe seat here with you guys?" Matt ask me.

"Sure" I said.

"Hey your the new student, right?" Matt ask Sophie.

"Yes I am" Sophie said.

"I'm Matthew but just call me Matt" Matt said outting his hand infront so Sophie would shake it.

"I'm Sophie" Sophie said shaking Matt's hand.

Sophie lets go of Matt's hand and eats again. I can see Chloe heading our way.

"Hey guys," Chloe said putting her tray down.

"And hello Sophie" Chloe said to Sophie.

Sophie just smile.

"How do you know who she is?" Matt ask Chloe.

"We are both in French and Theater Arts" Chloe said to Matt.

"Oh!" The only thing that Matt can say.

We all start eating in silence and start talking to each other because we have not seen each other for a while though we had an AMAZING summer.

"I heard that you kiss Erika today?" Matt suddenly asks me.

"Who told you?" I ask him.

"Chloe told me" Matt said.

"What did you felt while kissing her?" Matt ask me.

"Normal and besides I only did our kissing because Ms. David told me to" I said to him.

"Normal?! You just felt NORMAL after kissing one of the popular girls here in our school?" Matt ask me in shock.

"Yeah, is that bad?" I ask him.

"Ye-wait, you like someone else" Matt said.

"Yes so?" I said.

"OMG! Who is she?" Chloe ask me.

I did not reply for a while and look at Sophie for a second and turn my head again to face Matt and Chloe.

"I will tell it later" I said so Sophie will not hear it because if I tell them infront of her then they will ask her questions that I know she does not want to answer.

"Why can't you tell us now" Chloe ask me.

"Tell us now Jeff" Matt said punching me on my shoulder.

"Fine I will tell you, why do you have to punch me" I said touching my shoulder because it hurts.

"That always works" Matt said.

"I like Sophie, happy" I said.

I look at Sophie and I can see that she stop eating.

"You like..." Chloe try to say it but i cover her mouth with my hand.

"Shhh" I said to Chloe.

"Does she like you back?" Chloe ask me.

"No she doesn't" I said.

"I'm sorry, why won't she?" Chloe ask me.

Chloe suddenly forgot that Sophie is eating with us. She is just sitting beside me.

"Chloe!" Matt said looking at Chloe.

"What?!" Chloe ask Matt.

"She is just sitting right beside Jeff" Matt said to Chloe.

I turn around and I can see Sophie standing up and picking up her tray. Chloe just sit there quiet and she continue eating her food.

"Look what you did" Matt said to Chloe.

"I'm sorry Jeff, I did not mean to-" Chloe said but I cut her off.

"Next time just be careful with the things that you say or ask." I said to Chloe.

"I really didn't mean it" I still hear Chloe said.

I stand up and follow Sophie where ever she will go to explain her everything that just happened while she was still eating with us.

Why did Chloe have to ask that infront of Sophie? I want to be mad at Chloe but I can't because she has been my friend for along time like Matt.

I left my food in my table not caring if I finished it or not. I follow Sophie outside the cafeteria to the hallway. I run to the hallway trying to look for her.

"Sorry" I keep saying to the people I keep bumping to.

I look everywhere and I cannot find her.

I headed to my locker to get the things I need for the next subject because i know after this it will be already time.

I get there and I can see Sophie picking up her books from the ground.

"I almost forgot Sophie's locker is just beside mine" I said to myself.

"What will I tell her?" I ask myself.

"I'm afraid of what will she say to me"

"I do not want her to get mad at me"

I just stand there and look at her fixing half of her books in her locker.

I finally have a strength and I walk up to her. Ready for what she will say to me. Or what will she do to me.

I walk slowly because I am thinking of what wil I say to her. How will I explain it to her if she gives me a time to explain.

I walk beside her. I could not talk because I cannot find the words to say to her.

I bend and pick up some of her books that fell on the ground.