Getting to know him

'Hey Alice' he said directed to me
My insides sink and I feel my smile fade a little
If he can't even remember my name how do can I have a chance with him?
*********************************************************************************

Steph bursts out laughing
Jess holds back a laugh
I feel my cheeks go red
'Um actually it's Alexis..' I tell him and he goes beet red
'Oh My God I am so sorry. Wow that's embarrassing' he says and I shrug
'No harm done' We make eye contact and he smiles making my insides melt a little
I can't like him already- I only met the guy today. And he can't even remember my name
Steph stops laughing and smiles at Logan
'So.. What's your name?' She asks him and winks.
'Uh..um Logan' he stammers out. 'Whats yours?'
She flashes him a smile and says ' Well I'm Stephanie but you can call me Steph and this is Jess' she gestures to Jess. 'So what school did you go to before you came here?' She asks and plays with her hair. Damn it she's flirting with him. She's pretty good at it. Most guys instantly fall at her feet.
'I went to a school over in Darwin, Katherine High School was pretty good I guess' He shrugs his shoulders. My ears perk up and I immediately ask if he knows Jason Channing.
'Yeah I did! He was one of my best mates. How'd you know him?' He says slightly surprised.
'We went to the same kindy together and were like best friends until he had to move to Darwin. We still keep in touch and stuff. He never mentioned you' I beam at him
'Geez well I feel loved. I'm gonna have to talk to him about that then aren't I?' I laugh and nod my head enthusiastically.
'He'd probably forget anyway- he has the worst memory doesn't he!!!' I say and he laughs, nodding his head in agreement.
'God that's weird, small world isn't it?' He says and I smile
'It sure is' I laugh. He looks me right in the eye with a smile, sending shivers down my spine. I was about to ask it have a look at his schedule when I was interrupted by Steph... 'So Logan, would you like to come hang out with us everyday? We're a real fun group and we have heaps of parties. Lil' Jess over here is quite obviously the best at holding them. We have this big party every year after the first week of school, and Jess holds them. They're legendary!' I nod in agreement and Jess blushes shaking her head. 'They're really not actually' she says and me and Steph give her a look.
'Dont listen to her. She's just shy' Steph says to Logan, making Jess blush even more.
Logan looks unsure about it, however his answer is 'Sure, yeah.. I'll hang out with you guys, sounds like fun'
'Great!' Steph squeals and grabs his hand, 'Come on, I'll introduce you to everyone!' And drags him away.
'He's cute' Jess sighs as we watch Steph pull him around to everybody showing him off like a little show dog.
'Alexis!' I turn hearing my name immediately wishing i hadn't.
'Connor! oh hey' I force out with a smile. He comes over embracing me and Jess quickly scurries away towards Margot who's laughing at me, and I know I'm going to get teased to death for this.
'So I've been thinking lately' he says and I smile.
'What have you been thinking about Connor?' I ask and he smirks.
'Well I think that we should go out. Like a couple you know? People have been expecting it for a while and well we're both very good looking and I think we'd make a good looking couple' I hold back a laugh. Me and him? A couple? I look over to the group, and they're all staring at us. Margot's the only one there who knows that I don't like him in that way so everyone else is expecting me to say yes.
Then I think of Logan and the feeling I felt when we made eye contact
I offer a smile and shake my head. 'Im sorry Connor. I can't go out with you'

***************************************************************

Hey guys!
Sorry i haven't updated in ages
Thanks for reading! xxx