XLII

Harry eyed Louis carefully as he pushed his food around his plate without eating a single bite. "Lou, you should eat something babe." Harry said as Louis continued to play with his food.

"I'm not hungry." he huffed.

"What's the matter?" Harry asked.

"I'm fine." Louis retorted quickly.

"Louis it's ok to be scared, I'm scared too."

"I'm not scared!" Louis snapped back aggressively.

"Ok, you're not scared, fine." Harry snapped back at him. "Don't put yourself through this alone, we are all facing the same thing you are."

"I'm not scared, I'm mad."

"It's ok to be mad too."

"Good because I'm pretty pissed off." Louis grunted.

"You mad about Liam?"

"No." Louis snapped.

"No?" Harry asked.

"I'm mad at everyone else. I'm mad at myself."

Harry didn't respond as he watched Louis carefully, slowly he reached across the table taking Louis had in his own, but Louis smacked it away.

"Don't try to comfort me, I have the right to be mad."

"You do have that right, but you don't have the right to push away the people who love you most, so let it go."

"How can I lie to them?" Louis asked. "How am I supposed to look Niall in the eyes and tell him everything is going to be ok, when I know it won't?"

"No one is asking you to do that!" Harry yelled. Louis picked up his tray of food throwing it into the wall beside him with a burst of anger. He slumped down against the wall burying his face into his lap. "I'm sorry, I'm just so fucking tired of all of this bullshit. I don't ever want to see this hospital again. How are you able to have faith that this will all work out?" He asked Harry though watery eyes.

"Faith and fear are two things that demand to be felt, but it's your choice what to feel. I choose faith." Harry answered simply.

"You were always better at this than I was." Louis smirked up at him. "When Perrie died, we were all crushed. Then you got cancer and I had to fight you every step of the way. I was constantly mad and angry with God for putting you through this, putting us through this."

"But we made it through that together." Harry whispered sitting down beside him.

"But now Liam is hurt and Niall it's barely holding on. He doesn't have that fight in him, I can see it in his eyes, he is lost without Liam."

"If Niall loves Liam like I love you, then I know for a fact that he will never stop loving him, even if Liam isn't here to be loved."

"I just want everything to be alright." Louis cried.

"I want that too babe." Harry whispered as he pulled Louis in for a hug, his chin resting on top of Louis' head due to their height difference, Harry tried not to cry himself. "More than anything." He added in a hushed tone.

Niall sat beside Liam's bedside watching him eagerly, he had been talking to Liam for a few hours now, but he still remained unconscious. "I wish you were here Li." He whispered as he crawled into the bed next to him. It was evening now, the golden sunrise filling up the room, nobody had been in to bother them since that morning, when Liam seized. Niall forced the thought that they were letting him say a proper goodbye out of his mind.