1.

Heyo! Trini, again. It's been a while since my last rant, I know. Every time there's an outbreak in the Wattpad community, I feel as if I need to voice my opinion on it. Now, I haven't do so for all those times, but one time including a very popular fanfiction, I did so. Never mind that, though. I am here again, because... I want Wattpad to convert my “new” profile, well, back to my OLD profile.

“@Wattpad, please. Do us a favor, and don't be a sellout like all these other websites. Think about your users, and how they feel. I personally hate the new profile, because it is unorganized and people will get lost with it. The previous design was perfect. I loved it, and this is a NEW Wattpad user speaking. Please, bring the #oldprofiles back.”

“@Wattpad, I don’t agree with this. As a long-term user of this site, I have learned to accept change with you. But to change the profiles, is a no-go. You’ve screwed up this time.”

i’m sorry but if @Wattpad doesn’t change the profiles back, imma have a bitch-fit

“@Wattpad … #oldprofiles.”

----------------------

Wattpad HQ! Oh, Wattpad HQ… Do you understand what you are doing to us writers and readers? We are all about organization and orderly setting. It is what we are made of. To see everything change is fine, but to touch our profiles is inhumane. People who have saw Facebook and Twitter do it, fine. But Wattpad is much more than a social networking site. Hell, it’s not even that. Dreams and careers are made on this site, the least you can do is this favor. I know your technical team puts so much work into designing and creating new things for us, we appreciate it, really, but understand our profiles, represent us as writers… Not you.

You have seen many complaints regarding the whole profile change, and you’re probably thinking, “wow, these kids will just have to get used to change in their life”, no! It’s not about change, it’s about the amount of effort put into this. Honestly, if you were to change our profiles, just like this, you could have done it better. Our individual vote, comments, as well as messages from other users are clumped up together. I cannot understand a single thing from that. What are you trying to prove, here? Second, the design is of a Facebook/Twitter timeline. Those are social networks. Did you believe Wattpad is social network site?

Not even close.

Wattpad, as I stated before is for reading. To tell you the truth, I do more reading and writing than sending messages and chatting with people.

The whole truth is in the sentence. ↑↑↑

Wattpad separates from sites like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. because it is much more than some stupid little place where people post the most of things. I can describe Wattpad in more ways than one, because it has done so much for people’s lives.

Moving on from being sentimental, one thing that truly pisses me off in the way our works are displayed. Yeah, we aren’t the greatest writers of the century, but you display our books and such as if they’re trash. One book a person has updated recently has it’s summary, rating, no. of read, etc. there, but another book that hasn’t been updated in a month has absolutely, nothing shown. What kind of promoting is that? To be honest, anyone who sees that would mostly likely not read that book. I’m not speaking for all writers on here, but for those that put their ass in their work; they do not deserve this. People have worked so hard on their projects and for you just put the rest aside like that is disgusting, if you’re going to show the most recent updated story, do it for the other stories that haven’t been updated in a while.

I won’t beg, I can accept change, but this is just something I cannot accept. You have gone too far and like many people have said, this being completely absurd. Wattpad is going down like a total sellout because of things like this, many sites, many people have gone down because of things like this. Why would you want to follow that path, Wattpad? Why?