Karkat x Reader (sadstuck)

This is probably the saddest thing I have ever written before and it made cry when I read back over it so good luck ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(____) was sitting alone on the back porch again. She'd been spending a lot of time out there since Karkat and her fought last week. It wasn't even really a fight. It was more or less Karkat unintentionally venting his anger and frustration with himself at her. He didn't seem to know how to talk normally to her without fucking up spectacularly and screaming at her for something or other. The red blooded troll found it frustrating beyond belief. He was so red for her. Her gentle smiles and kind words. He even loved her chubby body. It looked so soft and huggable. He didn't understand why all these human bastards constantly made fun of her weight. She didn't weigh much more than other girls. It just didn't make sense to him. To him (____) was perfect. But even as he thought that he remembered what happened last week. He remembered when he royally fucked up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karkat was sitting in his apartment reading when he heard crying coming from outside. He jumped up and rushed to the door. He knew who it was and grit his teeth in anger. It was (____). She must have been tormented by her shitty classmates again. This was the third time this week she'd returned to her apartment in tears. Karkat opened the door and saw (____) fiddling with her keys as she cried. She was desperately trying to unlock her door but kept missing the keyhole. She probably couldn't see through her tears. The troll sighed and went over and hugged her from behind. (____) stiffened before she saw it was just Karkat.

She hugged him back and cried into his sweater. He took the keys from her and unlocked her door before leading her inside. She pulled back from the hug and they went out to their usual spot on the balcony. They sat in silence for a while before Karkat decided to try and strike up a conversation to make (____) laugh. He told her about how Gamzee kept trying to paint his face while he slept. It did the trick and she giggled. She gave him a thankful smile and wiped her tears away. They started talking some more and (____) finally relaxed. Everything was going great until (____) brought up Dave.

Karkat couldn't stand when (____) talked about him. About how cool he was and how sick his beats were. Hearing his pathetic name pass her lips always make the troll grit his teeth in jealousy. Karkat thought maybe he could change the subject away from Dave or maybe just wait it out until the subject changed by itself. But no, (____) just kept talking about the blonde like he was troll fucking Jesus or something. Karkat could feel his anger rising. He felt like his red blood was boiling. He tried to hold his tongue but when (____) gushed about how awesome Dave looked while fighing with his sword Karkat snapped. And he made the biggest mistake of his entire life.

"GOD (____)! YOU GO ON AND FUCKING ON ABOUT DAVE FUCKING STRIDER! YOU SOUND LIKE YOU'RE RED FOR HIM! BUT IT'S NOT LIKE HE'D EVER LIKE YOU BACK, YOU KNOW. HE'S SO DAMN INTO JADE IT'S PITIFUL! HE'S HAD EYES FOR HER SINCE THEY WERE BOTH SIX SWEEPS OLD! AND CONSIDERING ALL THE SKINNY GIRLS HE'S DATED YOU'D HAVE NO CHANCE! YOU'LL REMAIN HIS FAT FRIEND FOREVER!"

The silence that followed his rant was deafening. (____) couldn't believe what she'd just heard. And Karkat couldn't believe what just came out of his mouth. (____) thought Karkat was her friend. She thought he was different. But she guessed she'd been wrong again. He was just like all the rest of them. She felt tears well in her eyes but she stubbornly bit her lip and held them back. She never cried in front of her tormentors and she wasn't going to cry in front of Karkat. But he saw her eyes tear up and his chest tightened painfully. He'd done that to her. He struggled to think of something to say to apologize but his throat closed and no sound came out. (____) continued to give him a heartbroken look before she stood and silently made her way back inside.