Chapter 2: I Find Out The Truth Of Myself

I opened my eyes slowly, my head feeling like a pile of bricks just fell on it. My stomache hurt and I felt small bile coming to my throat. Why did I feel so horrible?

Wait.

Eagle. Mysterious guy. Sword. Emerging into shadows.

It all fell on me again like a piano on a random passerby.

I slowly got up, holding my temples to ease the pain. I looked around, recognizing the light green shade of paint on the wall of my room. The window was spilling light blue through the panes, meaning I've been out for a while. My eyes fell on the alarm clock and it read 8:46 P.M.

I looked across the room and spied the manila folder my report card  was being protected in on my dresser. But the flap that let me take the contents was opened...

I swore under my breathe and lightly kicked a pile of books that laid next to my bed. My mom saw my grades while I was passed out. The things she was probably thinking about me right now was something I can only imagine.

Thinking about it made me want to cry, but I wouldn't let the tears fall. I never cried, and even though I did earlier, I forbid it to happen again.

Walking towards the door to open it, I felt a searing pain in my side where I fell earlier. I groaned quietly from the unexpected feeling and held it lightly. It was still there after all this time? Why?

Opening the door and pushing through the pain, I heard three voices I found familiar, talking in the living room. I identified Nellie's- why was she even here?- , my mom's, and the last was a bit hard to catch on to, but I eventually found out it was the kid's voice from earlier.

Eavesdropping on the conversation like a spy, I listened to the conversation carefully.

"...she passed out after we shadow traveled. Not surprising, since she's probably not used to it." The boy explained, telling my mom and Nellie the events of earlier. The only thing that didn't make sense was the last part. 'Not used to it.'? What the heck did that mean?

A small relieved sigh that was still audible for me to hear came from my mother. "Thank you, Nico. I know it was a lot to ask, but I appreciate you helping her out. She wouldn't have been able to defend herself with only a pair of scissors."

My hands went straight to the back pocket of my black jeans and felt around until I found the pair of scissors I kept in case someone tried to mug me. Hey, this is New York.

"So should Nico and I take her to Camp Half Blood? After the attack, she'll probably need to come a bit earlier than I expected." Nellie's excited, yet filled with a hint of worry came through the air.

"I didn't want to send her yet. Not until I thought it was right to tell her the truth." My mom answered quietly.

Curiosity and annoyance of a secret about me made me quickly forget about hiding myself and had me storm through the room.