Chapter 12

*** This is a clean version of Chapter 12. For anyone who is over 18 years, you can find a book on my profile called 'The Forbidden Diaries' which contains the explicit version. If any problems occur where you cannot view the book then you may have to follow me. Reading the explicit version is done at your own choice as I have made sure to notify you beforehand. ***

Chapter Twelve - Birthday Treat

I wake up to Ivan literally crushing me with his weight as he snores lightly on top of me. His head is nestled in the crook of my neck and my left hand is intertwined with his as he pins it down on the bed. His other hand is tangled in my hair just like our legs. I sigh in amusement before turning my head slightly to stare at his face. His features are relaxed and he looks so vulnerable right now.

I free my hand and let my fingertips trace his skin, trailing them over his cheekbone and down to his jawline. He mumbles incoherently in his sleep before cuddling into me further. Unable to stop the wide smile from gracing my lips, I take his hand and brush my lips against the inside of his wrist.

Although Ivan isn't touchy and needy when we're around people, he's the complete opposite in the bedroom and if we happen to be alone. He always wants me to sit beside him and sometimes on his lap if we're in his office or our room. In addition to that, he needs to feel my touch all the time. I don't mind it as it's a pleasant change and we've come a long way. It's been three months already and he's eased up around me but his possessive nature has kicked in. He looks ready to kill if any male outside his trusted group even looks at me.

Sighing, I turn my head to the digital clock on our bedside table. It's nine in the morning and the party is at four which puts me at ease knowing that I didn't sleep in. I try to gently remove myself from underneath him but groan lightly when he only tightens his grip. After struggling for a good ten minutes, I huff in defeat when he doesn't budge.

Eventually, I escape his hold and almost cheer in victory when he doesn't wake up from all my movement. Walking into the bathroom, I feel the cold air kiss the bare skin of my legs and it makes me shiver. I grab my brush and toothpaste and start cleaning my teeth before noticing Ivan's large frame fill the doorway as he makes his way inside.

One of his eyes is open as he rubs the other one while a yawn escapes his lips. Stopping behind me, he wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder. But as soon as he closes his eyes, I tap his head with his toothbrush which makes him growl sleepily. And I almost coo at how adorable that was but I restrain myself.

After I'm done and see that he still hasn't brushed his teeth, I do it for him. The sight of him standing there with his eyes closed while I brush his teeth makes me laugh. He cleans his mouth with water but doesn't wash his face, turning to me instead and pushing me backwards.

"Ivan, what are you doing?" I chuckle as he pushes me back to the bed, crying out when he picks me up and gently throws me on top of the blanket.

Making a noise of content, he settles back on top of me which makes me protest. He grumbles back that it's only nine in the morning and that he's tired still. His arms hold me tight against him as he nestles his nose into the crook of my neck.

"Ivan, we have to get up." I try and escape his grip to which he just growls in response.

"No thanks." He mutters as he tries to go back to sleep again.