J.A.C: Training

Standard protocol followed. I stood up from my chair with my legs wobbling. Wiz called the next person in line. I carefully walked downstairs to the training room. For a moment I just stood there. The pain from the Strength was gone, but there was a small nagging feeling in the back of my brain. My stomach turned like I was in trouble. Once again, my minded searched for something in my memory. Unexpectedly a sharp pain filled up my entire body. The room started to spin around me. My vision went blurry and all I could see was a bright metallic blur.

I found myself scattered across the cold floor outside of my dorm. How I got there, I had no idea. Walking inside my bathroom I felt another feeling. I've been getting those a lot in the past few hours huh. Although this time it wasn't painful, it was sort of pleasant yet alerting. I knew that I was late for my training. So I rushed to rinse my face and ran toward the training room.

My feet pounded against the marble floor. I was carefully not to slip and pass out again. The walls changed from a blood red color to a royal blue color to indicate I was near the training wing. All I had to do to get there was to open a bright blue door. Behind the door was a small hallway with multicolored ropes that were attached to the next floor's ceiling. From above I could hear the voices of all the other Alpha Gens.

Like all any other day I grabbed the rope and pulled myself up to the next floor, which was twelve feet above me. The training wing was like a giant stadium instead of a wing. It stretched about 300 yards with pure white walls enclosing it. Everything else in the wing was really colorful. It had huge obstacle courses similar to bounce houses I've seen at birthday parties while I was learning how to drive while on the surface and a long balcony that was 14 feet off the ground, going around the whole wing.

As I was walking through the wing looking for my trainerm I felt eyes staring at me closely. I felt the vibrations coming from the floor and pictured someone approaching me. As if by instinct (maybe it was) I grabbed the nearest weapon and turned around to block the blow that was about to hit me in the face. We paused for a moment to stare at each other's eyes. His were a piercing blue gray. We slowly backed away from each other as I closely examined the tall blond boy in front of me. He had a small smirk on his face as I tried to lunge at him with my stick while he blocked it perfectly and used it to trip me, causing me to fall on my butt. As usual my trainer Rider Solace had the upper hand advantage.

Rider is Wiz's only child with his wife or so I'm told. Rider has been the program longer than any other any other Alpha Gen which means he has the most training and experience. He is also the only Alpha Gen that was born a normal mammal birth (whatever that means) while the rest of us were test tube embryos created to serve the Alpha Empire. Not to mention he is the only one with a real name. The rest of us have call name, like mine for example is JAC1697, but in secret the Alpha Gens call each other by our chosen/safe name. I chose the name Julie Anna Cortez just because it matched the beginning of my call name.

"You're getting better, but you still can't concentrate properly."

"I know, but I'm only a fetus and my body is still getting used to the Strength." I replied.

He held up his hand to my face in response. "That's enough excuses. Just so you know there have been several Alpha Gens that could take the power of Strength in their very first serving and the rest managed it after three. You've had nine doses in total and you still can't handle it." I opened my mouth to protest but he ignored me, "Don't tell me that you are weak or worst a reject."

That word burned through my ears and almost made me want to cry. I ... all of us were created to be part of the Empire. There have been rumors that there were some rejected Alpha Gens, but no one knows what happened to them and I don't want to think about it. I straightened my back and turned to face him. "No sir I am not a reject. I am a highly engineered super human being created to serve the Empire. I am strong, fast and intelligent.I am part of the Alpha Generation!" I yelled as I said our pledge.

"Well then prove it to me!" Rider yelled back at me.

I ran toward the nearest obstacle course. I dove through the small door opening and stumbled onto a yellow mat. I got up and leaped to climb the rope 9 feet off the ground. With me being only four foot eleven it was pretty impressive. Once reached the top I rung the bell and swung over to the balcony to the left. Standing on the balcony were Henry Middleton and Phillip Carter holding bamboo staffs. They turned to face me. Once again I felt the vibrations coming from the balcony under me to sense their next move. I easily got one thrown off and the other one was knocked out cold.

Then I approached the laser grid obstacle and flew through it with ease except when I almost tripped at the end, but other than that it was perfect. When I jumped down from the balcony I slid under the bench near the bounce house thing.

"That was good, but you can always do better," announced Rider from the place where I left him. "Now get over here so you can practice your power more."

I followed him into average sized room. This was the place where I first learned to use my power. If you haven't figured it out yet, I can use vibrations around me to feel things within in a twenty five fee radius. It helps a lot in fighting as I just demonstrated before. Anyway the room was a regal purple with a small chandler hanging from the ceiling. It had thirty stuffed suitcases lying on the floor. Rider seated me on a white leather couch facing a wall.

"Now I want you to concentrate and tell me where the small bottle of hair spray is," he whispered.

I carefully tapped my foot on the ground to send vibrations to the suitcases. I know that sounds really weird, but like I said I'm a super human. The vibrations came back to me and sent signals to my brain. I could make out the shape of every single item in the suit cases. "It's in the one with the green poka dots."

"Good now let's try something harder. Where is the golden necklace located?"

I repeated my process only this time I couldn't find the necklace in any of the suitcases. "It's in your back pocket."

Rider slipped his hand behind is back and took out a golden chain with a tiny golden teddy bear covered in small jewels attached to it. For some reason the necklace seemed familiar to me, but I pushed thought away. "Now I'm impressed with you JAC1697." Suddenly I heard a small buzz which told me that Rider was getting a link message. He held up a finger as he had a link chat. Once he was done he said to me "It's time to put your powers to the ultimate test."

*****************

I couldn't see anything, but I could see perfectly if you know I mean. Rider had me wear blinding sunglasses and made me drive two miles to Emper house, the Emperors' home. For some reason Rider was called over there. I could drive just fine blindfolded in case you were wondering.

The Emperor's house was painted black and white. Its design was modern and elegant with nice big windows covered in thick curtains.The Emperor of course was very rich so naturally his house was gigantic like our home Skyline.

The inside was so gorgeous that it would make Buckingham Palace jealous. Unfortunately Emperor wasn't there to meet us only his butler, Louis. Emperor's daughter, Lacy has requested the services of Mister Rider Solace only. You may go home now JAC1697," he announced. I was really surprised when we first got the call. I thought I was going to get my first mission, but turns out I'm not.

"I didn't know Emperor had any children."

"He only has one daughter, but I've never met her before," replied Rider.

"Well I guess I'll go home while you go on another mission." I said sadly, which made Rider look at me funny.

"Why do you make those weird faces?" he asked

"I don't know they are just my emotions," I was almost completely in the car when I heard him ask, "What are emotions?"

"You got to be kidding boy." I exclaimed before I drove off.