monday - march thirteenth

calum --

michael and i are playing uno for the seventh time today, and he's winning for the seventh time. we're writing on the board again, since- plot twist, i'm still deaf.

u no fuck u man

proper grammar callie!!

shut up

not talking ;)

we go back to playing uno, michael waving his last card in my face with that stupid smirk he's had since he won the first game.

i have two cards left. it all comes down to this.

i place a red three in the messy pile of cards, watching michael's poker-face intensely. it's moments like these i wish i was comfortable talking, so i could taunt michael with bad shots and cheap comebacks.

sorry m8 i win again, he writes before throwing down a yellow three, winning our final game.

u suck!

don't tell my girlfriend

i laugh at his innuendo, pushing my chair away from the table and sweeping all the cards into an even messier pile with my hand. i start putting them into a plastic baggy, since the box was mere shreds after owning it for so long, when michael's hands push mine out of the way and clean up for me. i smile up at him, and then my phone buzzes on the table. i don't even notice until michael nudges me and points to it.

luke

imessage

i swipe open my phone and read the text, frowning.

on my way to pick you up! casual outfit

i shake my head, showing the text to michael. he shrugs. "maybe it's a good idea?" he suggests, and i furrow my eyebrows. "talk everything out."

i grab the board and write furiously, my handwriting sloppier than usual.

i don't want to!! he's an asshole mikey

well maybe if you talk to him he'll apologize?

ugh

i will help u get ready come on

michael helps me get ready, throwing clothes in the bathroom when i'm in the shower and texting my mom that i'm going out. i haven't had a good friend come over in a while, since luke had been with allison all the time until my breakdown day. i like having michael around, helping me without question. it's nice.

i dry my hair with a towel and slip on the clothes michael gave me: black basketball shorts and a red shirt. it feels weird to not wear skinny jeans, but it's an inferno outside.

thanks

no prob!!!! luke in 15

i walk down the stairs behind michael, admiring the fiery hair on the back of his head and the more important view, his ass.

we sit on the couch for fifteen minutes, playing super smash brothers brawl for a few rounds. then michael pauses in the middle of my spin-kick and i know luke is here.

text me if you need a ride home

ok!

bye callie

i draw a peace sign, stalling for as long as i can, before giving michael a quick hug and running towards the front door. i open it without looking at the blond in my doorway and slip on my black vans.