The Day After

Sam left shortly after. He was walking back to his dorm recalling what had happened. Smiling to himself, hands shoved in his pockets. Gabe had taken his break early to buy Sam another coffee and sit to chat with him. He hadn't bought himself a drink instead he grabbed a cherry danish. He peeled off the the sweet parts and discarded the bread. Which had make Sam smirk. Gabe then explained how he was more of a sweets person. Then Gabe's golden eyes went wide remembering something, he frantically dug in his apron pocket and felt triumphant when he presented to Sam a green apple dum dum sucker. "One the house." He chirped insistently. This made Sam chuckle a little, yet he took the candy and put it in his coat pocket. Sam then snapped out of remembering the days events and groped around in his coat pocket for the sucker. He found and smiled at it fondly. It was his favorite flavor. He unwrapped it slowly and popped it in his mouth. Taking extra precaution to carefully fold the wrapper and put it back in his pocket. He wasn't sure why hadn't thrown it away. It just felt like something he should keep. He opened the dormitory door and walked in. Charlie rushed up to him. "Sam!" She said urgently trying to get his attention. She hobbled over on her crutches. She had been in a skateboarding accident two weeks earlier and had put off getting her leg checked out, with her walking on right after the accident she had made the injury worsen. Sam stopped and let her reach him instead of walking over to her. It was now one of her pet peeves with people taking pity on her for the temporary disability. She looked up at him.

"How's the studying going?" She used her right crutch to brace herself. His face dropped.

"Crap." He muttered under his breath. She looked up at him questioningly.

"I went to the new coffee shop for a change of scenery... And well-- I ordered some coffee and the guy delivering it spilled it all over me.." He half way told her the truth. His cheeks and ears turning pink. She smirked.

"Annnnnd..?" She drug out. He sighed.

"And nothing." He stated frowning a little bit.

She grinned. "You liked him!" She teased he rolled his eyes at her debating on wether to walk away.

"Really mature Charlie." He said hiding a smile.

"My little Sammy is growing up!" She said proudly. Sam rolled his eyes again and started walking to his dorm. "Oh come on Sam!" She said. She made a noise and gave up. She hobbled to the elevator. The girls floor was upstairs. He walked into his dorm and leaned against the closed door. Smiling from ear to ear.