Chapter 14: Being Broken Breaks Things

3rd POV

Cardin: "And last time, on Red Like Blood And Roses: (Y/N) has been called into Ozpin's office and is shockingly reunited with his first adoptive family! And now a previously confused Ruby is running towards him, going for the hug? How will this end? Will he forgive them or will he not? Find out now, in the next chapter of-"

Goodwitch: "CARDIN WINCHESTER GET THE FUCK BACK HERE OR I WILL MAKE SURE YOU WILL GET SO MUCH DETENTION YOU WON'T SEE DAYLIGHT FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS!"

Cardin: "Oh shit, time to run."

But before Carding could make his getaway, Goodwitch already caught him.

Goodwitch: "Care to explain Mr. Wincheste- Hey, what is this hole doing here? Who's that guy there?"

Author: "No, not again! Not fucking again!"

Kenny Craig: "No fear, I will help you all! Look into my eyes, into my eyes, not around the eyes, into my eyes. *finger snap* You're under, now you will not remember nothing of this whole happening and Cardin will go back into detention and become nicer. 3, 2, 1... You're back in the room."

Cardin: "I will go back to detention."

Author: "Thanks Kenny. Now, while I fix this wall here, enjoy the next chapter!

(Y/N) POV

I saw Ruby running towards me, obviously going for a hug, as she had her arms open. I didn't feel like hugging now, especially not her in the context of these people, so I stepped aside, causing Ruby to miss me and crash into a wall.

Ozpin: "Ouch..."

(Y/N): "How did you even find out it was me?"

I then saw Diablo come from the shadows.

(Y/N): "You?"

I didn't get a reply, instead he walked to Ozpin, holding his hand up. Ozpin seemed to immediately get what he meant and reached for something. He then took a bag and gave it to him.

Ozpin: "Here you go, your money, just like I promised."

Diablo: "Fuck you Oz."

He jumped out of the window and was gone as soon as he appeared.

(Y/N): 'Well, that much for trusting strangers.'

Ruby meanwhile had walked back to the others again, visibly disappointed in my sudden decision to step out of the way.

Yang: "What the hell? You're not even going to hug your little sister?"

(Y/N): "No, and technically, you're not even my sister."

Qrow stepped forward now, taking his turn to give a lame talk.

Qrow: "How about me? I specially stayed sober for a day now because I got to see you!"

(Y/N): "No matter how impressive that is, no."

This time, it was Summer taking the word.

Summer: "Oh, you don't know how much we missed you, my dea-"

(Y/N): "Stop the crap, I didn't report you to any authorities, now go. I know that is your main concern so you have no further reason to be here."

Summer: "But-"

(Y/N): "No."

Tai then stepped forward, seemingly ready to give a speech.

Tai: "Come on (Y/N), we truly did miss you. We're sorry for what happened, but please, accept us again as your family."