CHAPTER 15

Each step Claire took reminded her of the exquisite sex she'd had

Each step Claire took reminded her of the exquisite sex she'd had. She could feel the soreness between her legs; alas, it wasn't anything horrendous but rather memorable. But she had to forget it. Yet, she would close her eyes and Ryan would appear, and when she'd choose to open them, her body would succumb to the feeling it adamantly recalled.

How gently he lay her on the bed and spread her legs apart. The way she broke apart the buttons of his shirt and undressed him so desperately while kissing and devouring each other hungrily. And mostly, how he entered her deep and slow, only to end up fucking her senselessly until her insides shattered from ultimate ecstasy.

An emotional uproar rolled inside Claire's mind like a deadly tornado, strong and violent. To break the spell, she opened her eyes and gasped so loudly. God, she was still in the elevator, alone. Ryan was still in the hotel room, and she had no idea if going back to the party was a wise choice or not, given her current just-fucked-up state.

I fucked him. A plethora of remorse seared her, but it was too late to regret.

The elevator pinged and Claire was once again on the lobby floor, right where her friends had been searching and waiting for her inside the ballroom. When she returned to the table, the party was proceeding flawlessly with so much music, drinks, and socializing through which new acquaintances and business relations had a golden chance to be formed.

"And her majesty is finally back." Pure sarcasm laced Gena's voice when she regarded Claire's return. "Mind telling me where you have been in the middle of the party?"

"I was just getting some air outside," Claire replied while slumping into her chair. "I think I'm done with this. I wanna go home. Are you good to leave?" She plucked a champagne flute from the passing waiter, trying to quell the sense of anxiety that remained still inside her.

"Outside, huh?" Gena asked, ignoring Claire's plea to leave. And then Bruno approached their table; her inquiries were cut short. "Tell that to him and see if he'll buy it. As for me, I'm not for sale, Chica." She reared herself back, a playful glint dancing in her eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Claire muttered under her breath while smiling softly at Bruno. "Hey," she said to him after a sip of chilly champagne.

"Playing hide and seek? Where have you been?" Bruno quizzed.

Gena raised a knowing eyebrow as Claire took a long sip of her drink. She knew something was up, especially now that Ryan was also returning to the ballroom after a long while, walking past them with a small smile with a phone in his ear.

They were together! Gena gave Claire a tight, meaningful glance.

"I went out for some air," Claire forced a smile and stuck with the same story, talking to Bruno. "I didn't miss much, did I?"

"Not really," Bruno replied, smiling at her gently. He was up on his feet and he didn't seem to have any intention of sitting down yet. "But I do want to steal you for a while because someone has been looking for you. Do you mind, Gena?" He glanced at the Asian charmer.