Chapter Three

WARNING: A VERRRRY VAGUE ATTEMPT AT SEXUAL HARASSMENT IS MADE IN THIS CHAPTER I THOUGHT I'D JUST WARN Y'ALL EVEN THOUGH it's HORRIBLY WRITTEN DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE AND DOESN'T GET VERY FAR AND IS ACTUALLY NOT EVEN REAL BUT YOU NEVER KNOW

oh yeah also: the gosh darn author's note is in bold NOT ITALICS (YES I SAW THAT COMMENT AND YOU CAN PERSONALLY HECK OFF)

"Paige!" Ophelia screams in my ear, violently shaking me.

aaaAAAAAAA

 "Get up you lazy brat!" she punches my arm. I sit up slowly, and glare at her. "Guess what?" she asks, but doesn't let me actually guess. "The picker's secretary just called," 

The who?

"and guess what?" she doesn't let me guess. "You are taking your test, like, almost last!"

What test?

"Like almost last? I, like, omg, kind of like, don't care." I frown, mocking Ophelia's annoying vocabulary.

I AM SO FUNNY harharhahrrrhhrahr

"Whatever." she shrugged, and trotted out of the room.

Neigh 701702

 "Yeah, and your stupid friends stopped by." she peeks her head back inside the door frame. "They are both taking the test after you." she turns around and walks away.

After their last interaction, Buddy and Marcus just went outside and waited I guess. 

I rub my forehead and lay back down in my bed. At least both Marcus and Buddy were going after me. I feel too anxious to eat, or do anything at all really, and I hardly pay attention to anything all day, even the drive to the large, marble building.

That was fucking quick? 

The waiting room

Where?! What the fuck?

 is jam-packed with anxious teenagers and their ecstatic parents, as well as older siblings squawking and little kids crawling around the floor, screaming and crying.

Honestly same

 I've never been claustrophobic, but this is nothing I enjoy. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Marcus with his mom and older sister, Loretta, leaving the room.

"Paige! Hi!" he yells, waving like a crazy person.

Only crazy people wave.

 I wave back, but not before my parents groan and mumble something about 'no escape.'

Okay, I chuckled. 

A plump young woman holding a clipboard waddles up to me.

Is she a penguin?

"Paige Vassette, you're up next." she mutters, patting my back and leading me through the waiting room and into a narrow hallway. She opens a dark grey door on the left, and motions for me to enter.

I'm sensing a theme. Everything is just happening so quickly and...conveniently. 

"Is there anything...I should know beforehand?" I mutter.

Maybe they should tell you what the fuck is even going on because I sure as hell don't know. 

"Just remember than nothing that happens to you in there is real." she says, without showing any kind of emotion. She has probably had thousands of times to rehearse that line, for a moment, I kind of pity her. What a boring job.