Arguments and New Greetings

"I've never had a gun held to my head before," Anna laughed weakly with no humor at all.

I handed her the cup of coffee and sat down across from her, "Sorry, but it wouldn't have happened if you had informed me first."

She pursed her lips together, "Thank you for your sincere apology."

The sarcasm in her voice made me roll my eyes.

"So what are you doing here anyway?" I asked.

She set the cup on the table in front of us and leaned forward, "Well, I decided to have a couple of sessions with you face to face. The talking to each other through the phone method didn't seem to be working."

"How long are you staying?" I asked, hoping that it wasn't going to be that long.

"A month or so. It depends on your progress," she said like it was no big deal.

To her it wasn't, but to me it was. There were things that I was doing behind Nick's back, and Anna reports back to Nick. If she knows what I'm doing, then Nick will find out too.

"A month or so?!?" I exclaimed, "You just said that it was only going to be a couple of sessions!"

"Then what I said was an understatement," she frowned, "Is there a problem Miss Waters? You're acting like you're hiding something. Are you hiding something?"

"No, I'm not hiding anything," I sighed tiredly.

"Miss Waters, withholding information that could affect you mentally and physically is not recommended. Everything you tell me is confidential, I want you to know that."

"It's not confidential when you have to give your notes to the Director," I reminded her.

She raised an eyebrow, "So you're hiding something from the Director."

Of course, the nosiest person in the room would get something out of that.

"Look, I know your job is to cure people who has been traumatize or is conflicted, but I can assure you that I am perfectly fine. I have all of my limbs and my head is in the area where it is supposed to be, which is work. I don't need a shrink, so you can go back to New York," I stood up and she did as well. My eyes shot to the door and back to meet her eyes, suggesting her to leave.

"Being stuck on an island for 4 years is not exactly what I would call perfectly fine, Miss Waters," she stated, "You're just trying to cover up some things, and I can already tell that one of them are your emotions."

I scoffed, "You should get some rest."

"I'm serious about this," she stood there defiantly, "You've spent most of your life masking your emotions that it has become a necessity for you. You make yourself to appear emotionless to hide your conflicts, and it has fooled many people because you've become great at it after doing it for so long."

My back straightened up and I became rigid.

"Are you done?" My voice came out sharp and icy just as I intended it to be.

She didn't flinch though but sighed, "Yeah I'm done."

"Then please get the hell out of my room," I said, ending our conversation.

Then she left the room without another word, only a sad glance before closing the door.

I sat back down on the couch and slouched while heaving a sigh. Her words played itself in my head.

What she said was true, but I can't have the possibility of opening up my heart and sharing my weakest moments at this time because it will make me vulnerable. I hate vulnerability, so that's why I just don't like to share it with the entire world.