Chapter 2

*      *     *

The bright, July sun broke trough the curtains in my room, forcing me to open my tired eyes. I brought my hands to my head as a sharp pain pierced through my head. I am definatly a lightweight when it comes to drinking. I turned over on my side, coming face-to-face with a passed out Lana. How the hell did we get home last night?

I shot up and looked out my window. My silver 2012 Elantra. It looked fine. Perfect condition. Which one of us drove last night? Drunk. I pulled a sweatshirt over my head, fixing it around my torso, and headed to the kitchen. I started rummaging through the cabinets. Once I found a bottle of Advil, I poured four into my hands. Filling a cup with my free hand, I threw two of the pills into my mouth, swallowing them with the cold tap water.

I made my way back into my bedroom, pushing the door forcefully. It woke Lana up.

"What the hell?" She groaned.

"Good morning sunshine. Here's breakfast." I handed her the last two pills and  the rest of the glass of water. She had it gone about two seconds. That was fast.

I walked over to the plug in on the other side of my room, searching for my cell phone. "Lana?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She replied checking her cellphone as well.

"Have you seen my phone?" I motioned my hand everywhere in my room. My phone was nowhere to be found.

"No. Is it in the car?" She looked at me, with one eye open. The light was clearly hurting her eyes.

I darted out to the car, to check everywhere. The console, under the seats, the backseats. It was gone. "Shit." I cursed loudly into the car.

"Aden Carlie Galliher!" I heard an older woman scold. I turned my head and saw my neighbor standing with her arms crossed. "Sorry, Mrs. Hartman. Won't happen again." I hated that woman. She thinks she controls what everyone does in the neighborhood. Whether it be where the kids can play, or what comes out of our mouths. "Bitch.." I whispered under my breath.

I walked back inside. "Lana, let me see your phone." She tossed to me, like on cue. I quickly dialed my own number, waiting for a ring somewhere in the house.

Ring... Ring... Ring... Come one. Let me please hear my ring tone. Ring.. Ri- "Hello?" I man's voice called on the other line.

"Uhhmm... Hello. Can I ask who this is?" I whimpered into the phone.

"My name is Xavier. Are you trying to reach Aden?" By his voice I could tell he was pre-occupied with something else.

"Actually.. This is Aden. I would like to have my phone back." He chuckled softly.

"Meet me at the coffee shop in thirty?' He suggested.

"Of course." I hung up immediately. "Lana, get ready. Be ready in fifteen." I tossed her phone back at her. She jumped up and started getting ready.

                                                                                                                                        *      *     *

I locked the car doors, haring the beep from my car. Lana walked into the coffee shop first. "Mmmmmm. It smells amazing in here." She sat at counter and ordered a caramel latte with extra caramel. I rolled my eyes as she flirted with the attractive boy taking her order. I sat myself next to her. "Anything for you pretty one?" The boy studied my face.

"Uhhh. Black eye mocha latte. Whipped cream on top, please." I eyed the door expectantly.

With twenty minutes of waiting, Lana managed to get the poor kids number, while I managed to eat three donuts and a refill on my latte. Where is this dude? I was growing highly impatient, and I was getting pissed off. I started tapping my nails on the hard counter. I heard a ding of the bell above the door. Then before I knew it, the most beautiful guy in the world sat down next to me. Dark brown hair. Mesmerizing eyes. Lana elbowed me in the side.

"Hi Aden." His voice was even gorgeous.. No.. Sexy. That's the word that describes his voice.

I looked up once I realized he said my name. "Oh hello. You must be Xavier?" I stared into the gorgeous blue eyes of his.

"Xavier Cortell.." He smiled, flashing his amazingly white teeth. My heart started thudding loudly inside my chest. I swore it could've bursted through my body and landed right on the counter. I tried to stay calm.

"Nice to meet you, Xavier Cortell. I'm Aden.. Galliher." I bit my bottom lip. I was nervous. I have never talked to a guy as gorgeous as this one, sitting in front of me, staring back at me.

"I know.." Lana was staring at him. Up and down. He slid my phone to me.

"Thank you.." My voice was weak.

"I did you the favor and added my number in there for you. As I added your number to my phone." My eyes were wide, and most likely looked wild. Oh shit.

"Oh.. Well thank you." Was all I managed to get out.

"I'll call you." He winked at me, and I felt my heart melt straight down to my feet.

He stood up, tossed a twenty on the table. "That's for thier food and drinks." He turned and headed straight for the door.

Lana looked at me with wide eyes. Her mouth opened and closed a few times. Oh dear God, please don't let her do thi- "OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Too late.

"He's fucking gorgeous! He winked at you! He put his number in your phone... He.. He.. OH MY GOD ADEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She squealed. Everyone in the whole coffee shop pointed their eyes in our direction. "Lana. Be quiet." My face was burning a deep red. "Please. You're drawing attention." When she wouldn't stop squealing and squirming in her seat, I slapped my hand in front of her mouth, muffling the noises. There were lots of dirty looks from older people. "I'm sooo sorry." I whispered out in embarrassment.

I dragged her into the car, going through my messages I sent some poeple, making sure I didn't make a fool of myself. Luckily, there were no drunk messages. The ride home I heard, "OMG! OMG! OMG!" From Lana.

This had to be a dream.