Chapter 6

I take a deep breath to calm myself. Just then the nurse come in, takes my temperature, writes it on his clipboard and then leaves without a single word. I turn my head back to my doorway, the woman has gone. I can only imagine what she must be going through. I shift my eyes and see Dr. Hills talking to my nurse and walking towards the front desk, which happens to be out of my reach. I think nothing of it and scratch my nose, you know they say that when your nose is itchy it means that someone is thinking of you, but that's just a saying, something people say, it doesn't actually mean anything, right? I, all of a sudden, begin to feel sleepy so I decide to close my eyes for a few minutes, but just before I can drift off to sleep, I am, somewhat vigorously, shaken awake. I open my eyes to Dr. Hills, who, for some odd reason has the biggest smile I've ever seen.
"Dr. Hills. Why did you wake me up? Is it time to take my meds yet?" I say to her rubbing my eyes. She shakes her head, but her smile doesn't change. I have to admit that it's getting creepy. "Well! What is it then?" I say trying to pry information from her, something, anything!
"You have a visitor." Dr. Hills says, her smile still plastered on her face. My jaw drops, not to the floor, but as far as it possibly can.
"I do?" I reply in shock. She nods. "But it's not even visiting hours."
"I think we can make an exception for this guest." She says to me.
"Who could it be? I don't know anyone." I mutter, hoping she can't hear me.
"I'm so happy for you" Dr. Hills says right before she leaves the room. She comes back in a few minutes with the visitor and I audibly gasp. I can't believe this is happening!
"Hello, I'm Tom. I take it you're Nikky. It's nice to meet you." The visitor says, holding out a hand for me to shake. Happy tears stream down my face. Happily, I shake his hand.