Wattpad Original
There are 8 more free parts

Chapter 6: Rome, Italy

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.  

–Lao Tzu

Tatiana Rostova's POV

I was dressing in my room when the door met the wall with a loud bang. My gaze was met by a very pissed Italian duke. Thankfully, I already finished dressing, or he found me half-naked in my room which for my opinion was not a good idea.

"What is it that I heard that you asked Allegra to call you a taxi?" Lucca snapped at me without preamble.

I ignored his outburst and resumed arranging my clothes and hair through the mirror. "That is right. Now that you're here, perhaps you can do it for me."

"Where precisely are you going?"

I met his very angry stare through the reflection of the mirror. "Rome."

I could tell that he was struggling for his temper which I don't understand why he was maddeningly angry.

"Why?" He asked.

Really? Does he really need to ask? "I need to go to my penthouse to get some clothes and personal things."

"Such as?"

I took a deep breath. "My passport, credit cards and some cash."

"Why do you need those, by the way?" he asked me as if he was talking to a child. "In case you didn't notice, I can support my wife financially."

"You don't understand—"

"It's dangerous, Tatiana." He interrupted me.

"For all we know, your fiancé and stepsister are there now."

"Ex-fiancé." I told him fiercely. "Thank you very much for remembering. And don't take me for a fool, Lucca." I smiled slyly "For all I know, you have people watching their every move."

He looked stunned and lost for words at the moment. "Besides, I am tired of borrowing clothes from Allegra. I miss my own."

His silver-eyes clouded. "Need I remind you that you agree to have a make-over after our wedding? You don't need your drab clothes anymore."

"But—"

"Backing-up, tesoro mio?" He smiled evilly.

"No!"

Triumph was shown in the depth of his eyes. "Good. Now, forget this trip to Rome of yours."

"No way!" I answered, glaring at him. "I need to go."

His eyes darkened. "Now, Tatiana. Do not defy your husband's command."

"You're not my husband yet."

Lucca glared at me but I glared back at him. A normal person would probably look away by his thundering gaze he'd given me but I will not let anyone rile me again.

By some sort of miracle, he was the first one to look away and muttered a curse. "Very well. But I will drive you in Rome myself."

I bit back the victory smile on my lips. I knew he was not backing away from this, so I'd settle for him to drive me in the city. "Fine."

A rueful smile escaped him. "This might be the perfect moment to create buzz."

Before I could ask what he meant by that comment, he already left my room.

He was back in a while with a designer paper bag in hand. "Here. Wear this."

I reluctantly get the offered bags and look at the content inside. "No way! I will not wear these."