3 - The Devil himself

Aurora
By the time Mr. Philips had released us from his office, class had already ended, which caused us to be late for fifth period. The teacher gave me a week of detention, even though I tried to tell him that Mr. Philips wanted to see me.

Irritated, I shoved my textbook back in my locker, and slammed it shut. By the grace of God, I didn't have to see Katie or Mollie for the rest of the day. But, unfortunately, I have to see them again on Wednesday. Which really sucks.

Also, it happens to be Monday, and that means I have to endure four more days of this prison  before the weekend. As I descend down the steps of the school, the soles of my Vans press against the concrete.

"How's it going, Carter?" I hear someone ask, and I instinctively roll my eyes. God, why do you hate me so much? Sure, I might have lied to my parents a few times. Drank a couple of times, but I haven't done anything drastic enough for you to punish me this much.

"What the hell do you want, Adrian?" I glared at the devil himself. His black strands fell onto his forehead. His icy blue eyes reminded me of glaciers that can cause you to sink if you're not careful. Feathers of silver swirled in his blue orbs. An unlit cigarette is held between his fingers. Sleeves of tattoos decorate his tanned arms. A smirk was painted across his lips. That smirk caused almost every girl at Harrington High to have fantasies about kissing his lips. Those same lips that I find myself staring at.

Aurora, snap the fuck out of it! I chastise myself.

They say he's the devil because you could burn in his flames. And he wouldn't hesitate to leave you there to burn to death. Basically, he'd be terrible if he was drafted to the war. He might be able to shoot a gun with pinpoint accuracy because his dad is a cop, but he'd walk away if his fellow solider was bleeding
to death.

He brought the cigarette to his lips, and lit it before speaking again. "Love, you know you are obsessed with me, even if you are too scared to admit it. Every girl is at some point, not counting the lesbians. It's not me they're not interested in. It's the entire male population."

I smirked, "Adrian, you're the reason they're not interested in the entire male population. They took one look at you, and decided that girls were hotter. Face it, Adrian, you're ugly."

"Am I?" He steps closer, analyzing me with
his eyes of pure ice. His minty breath fans my face. I can smell the cigarette smoke on his breath, and I have to admit that I'm not that digusted by it. "Face it, Aurora, you're a liar," he whispers in the hottest Italian accent.

Damn. That accent has to be the reason girls are so willing to have sex with him. Hell, guys would probably call themselves gay for that accent.

Did I happen to mention that my name sounds like heaven in his accent?

Well, it fucking does.

My breath hitches in my throat, and I can't seem to form a proper sentence. I never had
a problem with speaking before, but standing
in front of Adrian made me loose my ability to speak. All I can do is stare at him, and wonder how he can be hotter than the flames of hell, and still be single. He might flirt with anyone with a vagina, but he's never had a girlfriend.

Some people even think that he's gay. But, when a guy tried to make a move on him, he told him that he has the wrong idea. Weirdly enough, Adrian didn't embarrass the hell out
of him, which most people were surprised by.
In my opinion, he's just a dick to girls because he believes he can be. Either that, or he just has great respect for the gay population.

"Are you done checking me out yet, Carter?" Adrian asks, a smirk dangling from his lips. My cheeks reddened, and I stared at him, mouth agape. I swear I look like a fire hydrant right now.

"I.... I wasn't.... I don't think you're attractive,"
I ramble, hating the smirk that forms at the corner of his lips.

God, Aurora, you don't have to be so fucking pathetic.

I hate it even more that he finds humor in
my embarrassment, and I especially that he's causing me to ramble. No one, and I mean no one has ever had this effect on me, and I hate it.

Okay, I know what you're thinking. Don't you hate the guy? Just because I hate him with a passion doesn't mean I don't think he's hot as fuck. I have eyes, and I have hormones. Adrian is undoubtedly hot as fucking hell, but he's a dick when it comes to his personality. That
guy has more shit coming out of his mouth than his ass.

He has been called a sex god by many girls at school because of his rumored ability to make a girl moan without even touching her.

I'm calling it bullshit.

"Whatever you want to tell yourself, Carter, but we all know you'd totally sleep with me if you had the chance," he smirked.

See what I mean? This guy is a dick. Even though I don't have my virginity, I still wouldn't sleep with him. I know who Adrian is, and he doesn't commit. He'll take what he wants from your body, and never speak to you again. When you ask him why he never called you back, he will burst out into laughter with his friends. He makes you regret giving him your virginity.

"You're no different than all the other girls, Carter. You're all easy."

Those word made me do something no one has ever thought about doing. Something I'd probably regret tomorrow. Kinda like the aftermath of a drunken night.

I punched the bad boy.

Opinions on Aurora? Adrian? This chapter kinda explained how Aurora feels about him.
Keep in mind that all my characters are as realistically flawed as possible. They all have their ups and downs. But, at the end of the day, they're teenagers who make mistakes.
Throughout the story, some characters might make you mad, but don't come at me because I assure you that I don't think the same as the characters I have written.

Also, you have to understand that Adrian might be a little difficult, but he has secrets just like everyone else. His secrets are simply darker than some of the other characters. At this point of the story, Aurora doesn't quite understand how Adrian feels. Honestly, no one really understands how he feels. Mostly because I haven't told you the secrets yet. Hehe. You might sympathize with him later, though.

Sorry about this unnecessary rant, but I just didn't want you to come at me if you don't like how a character thinks.