Epilogue.

Looking back on that day, I should've probably listened to my Mum and stayed at home and revise for my upcoming exams. But then again, if I did listen to her then I would never have been stuck in that elevator with my ex, a granny, Chris, James and kid pedo boy, Luke. And who can forget Erin and her baby girl, the little baby that I miraculously managed to deliver. When I told Mum this she stared at me in disbelief and Dad practically almost grounded me for telling porky lies but I found sufficent evidence to shut them up. That being Erin.

After the whole debacle with Reed Taylor, I managed to get ahold of the hospital Erin and her baby were at and thankfully, she was happy to see me. And I was happy to see them both. And the baby even has a name! Though I asked Reed Taylor to change this because of identity reasons. Actually, we changed everyone's names including mine! In the novel, I'm not Emily but I'm Susie Lockhart which sounds a bit prissy but Reed swore he'll make my love interest hot and interesting. I could'nt argue since he was writing the story and all I did was stare at him and day dream about making out with him whilst retelling what had actually happened in the elevator.

At first, he was going to make James my love interest but I told him that ship had sailed. Especially since I found that James played for the other team. Not gonna lie, my heart did break a bit but I was over it in a flash. In fact, I saw James and his little 'man friend' together in a cafe close to home and it was so cute seeing them because they were so awkward and scared at people catching them. I guess it didn't help that I kept sending duck faces their way, I even got Jess to join me whilst Sara just rolled her eyes.

Sara was just pissed because a few days ago, she realised that what she originally chose to do in university was not what she actually wanted to do, and experienced some sort of enlightenment of being an aid worker abroad and how it completely opened up her eyes to more, rather than becoming some plain old lawyer like James. I did mention that she could've made a killing but that only made both me and Jess get an earful of her hour long lectures on why serving humanity and living like a hobo was way more important than money.

Yes well, whatever Sara but I still love you.

Especially since she somehow managed to pay off the blue dress I runined. Since that day, I try not to cross my boundaries with her and remind myself that I am forever indebted to that girl. And as for prom? We never went. In fact, prom got cancelled because some dude decided to play a prank and the whole year was punished for it. Not that I'm complaining since I never really wanted to go.

But I guess part of me would've loved to have seen Tom's face. I don't know why, but I still find myself still thinking about Tom even though that ship sailed ages ago. After the elevator happened, I didn't really see Tom anymore, just like Luke, Ms Ruskin and Chris. I was probably relieved not to see Ms Ruskin or Luke and I should be happy to not see Tom anymore but a part of me, as silly as it sounds still missed him. I remember crying to Jess and Sara when we had our annual sleepover and they both tried their best to reassure me that he's a dick. And then I said I know he has one but I'm not sure he is one but they were constantly convincing me that he was.

Mum spoke to me later that night and she said it was because I fell for him, really badly. A bit awkward hearing it from your Mum but it made sense. My mind clings on to the good memories and it's like I can't shake them off. Jess said that she saw him and Olivia together at the movies, sitting at the back and making out and as gross as that did sound, I can't help but think, why can't I move on like he did? I still hate him for what he did.

Hopefully I'll meet someone new, especially since I have this new waitressing job. It wasn't my idea but a girl needs money, especially to pay her best friend back. When I'm not busy and just day dreaming on the job, I just imagine him walking through those doors and me just not watching where I'm going and BAM! I bump into him and slip but he catches me and we both stare into eachothers eye intensly because the attraction is just unreal and then he asks for my number and the rest his history. 

I did pitch this idea to Reed but he just rolls his eyes and tells me to retell the moment where I delivered Erin's baby. I've noticed, the more I work with him, the more sassier he gets!

You can't say I haven't tried though. But maybe one day, I'll make it. I'll write my own soppy love story with a hot love interest and then it'll be so popular it'll be a film and I'll insist on being my own lead which would just give me an excuse to make out with the hot guy of my choice.

Maybe one day.

(The book not the hot guy though that would be nice).