Chapter 10| Cecile

When we came back, John invited me to his dorm after school for our study session. Then we went our separate ways. The rest of the day passed smoothly. Though I couldn't wait till we meet again. After the bell rang, signalling the end of school time, I ran to my dorm, startling most of the people around me.

Bursting into my dorm, I looked around, happy to see my roommate wasn't home yet. I really didn't need her seeing me so elevated to see John. I skipped into my room, it was so pristine and organized. My pride and joy. Not for long. Ripping open my closet doors, I scanned my inventory, trying to invent 'The Outfit'. Soon enough, my floor was buried under a layer of jeans, skirts, blouses, t-shirts, shorts and much more. I never noticed how many clothes I have. But that was a secondary issue. Even in this Everest of clothing, I couldn't find a single, good study-date outfit! oooh, date. I blushed a little. Now there's even more pressure!!!!

After a few minutes of frantically slapping articles of clothing together, I had decided to wear a pair of blue jeans, a white t-shirt with navy stripes and a dark grey, zipped hoodie to go on top. I looked half decent. I checked the time; I was supposed to meet him... 3 minutes ago. Grabbing my backpack (which had all of my textbooks and notebooks), I dashed for the door. I stopped as I opened it, should I bring something to eat? , I wasn't sure, Nah! Were studying, we don't need food. I left the dorm.

Entering the boys' dorms, I realised I had to go up three flights of stairs. Crap. Chocking down oxygen, I made it to the third floor. I walked down the corridor, carefully looking at all of the numbers. I didn't want to go past it, it would be embarrassing. 311..311...311...there it is!! I skipped over to sed door. I composed myself, calmly, I knocked on the door.

Rummaging was heard on the opposite side of the door, someone was coming to open it. I got excited again. Since I couldn't stop it I decided to accept the smile that crept on to my face. I heard the lock click, the door slowly opened, revealing...Blyke. The smile on my face faded without any protest.

"Cecile?", he asked, clearly befuddled, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see John.", I answered with my arms crossed.

"Eh?!", now the redhead was plain lost.

Footsteps echoed out of the apartment. "Blyke, just open the dam*ed door!", John spoke authoritatively. The redhead at the door shuddered, pushing the door open and scooting out of my way. I walked in. John stood in the living room. He wore a plain black crewneck with some tan cargo shorts. I am definitely overdressed. The ravenette had a deep scowl on his face, aimed at Blyke.

"Hi!", I said cheerfully, waving my hand in front of John's face, successfully diverting his attention to me.

He smiled warmly, "Hey! Glad you finally made it.", he kissed my cheek.

"Sorry for being late.", I said making a pouty face.

Interlocking his fingers with mine he said," Let's go to my room."

"Let's.", I replied as he pulled me towards the room. He opened the door, letting me in. John himself them followed leaving Blyke flabbergasted in the living room. The door locked behind us.

I looked around the space. It looked like a regular dorm; a desk with a lamp, a chair, a nightstand and a large bed with black sheets, not particularly decorated. Although his closest looked like it was about to explode. Probably some last-minute cleaning. But something was quite unordinary; the amount of food in here.

The surfaces were stacked with, sandwiches, brownies, a plate of cookies, not to mention the two bags of Cheetos on the floor.
"John, you realise that we're here to study, not have a picnic, right?", I asked
"Yeah, but, you know, in case we get hungry.", he said fiddling with a tuft of his hair.