Chapter 15

Dean's POV

Who is this girl? She doesn't react to salt or silver or demon traps or holy water, but she reacts to holy fire? She's an angel? I mean, she's clearly not Rufus's niece. And the way she acts around us... every move is so careful, so thought out. It's like we're a minefield a mile long and she has to get to the other side without dying. She avoids certain subjects. Her tell... I've already found it. She looks up at you, her eyes big, and her hands move in a certain way. She's been doing it most of the time.

"Girl, it's easy to tell when you're lying. What is your name?" I growl.

She sighs. "Amriel. I am the angel of May," she responds, her voice oddly familiar.

"There's an angel of May? Like the month?" I ask. "That's dumb." She glares at me, then disappears.

Sam gives me a look.

"What?" I say. "I was just saying!"

"Amriel!" Sam calls, trying to get the angel back.

"Amriel!" I shout. "I'm sorry for calling you dumb! Now get your feathery ass back here!"

I feel a sharp sting on my right cheek. Amriel appears out of nowhere. She slaps me again.

"What do you want with me?" She hisses.

"We don't want anything except the truth," Sam says calmly.

"Well, you either leave me alone or you get the truth, but you're going to hate it," she hisses again.

I look at Sam. "Can I talk to you?"

He nods, then joins me on the other side of my Impala.

"Sam, we need the truth. Whatever it is, we can handle it. Besides, she's an angel. We have an angel blade. Let's just get another circle of holy fire around her and cut her until she answers," I say.

He searches my face for a second. "Dean, last time she was in holy fire, she turned all supernova."

"That was only because she touched them," I reason. "Just don't let her this time."

He sighs in surrender. "How are we going to get her to come with us?"

I blow out my lips, making a pshh pph noise. "Tell her we know someone named May and ask her if she wants to meet her?"

"Dean, that's dumb. But it's dumb enough it just might work."

We walk around the car to see Amriel laying on the ground using her arms as a pillow. Her clothes are different, going from the shorts and the Bucky's shirt to long ripped jeans, a tank top under a Metallica shirt, and a light, too-much-cream-in-your-coffee colored leather jacket. Her hair is the same except with a neater haircut, short and red. Her eyes have changed from the same green as mine to a light purple, and get complexion darkened. She's taller now, and she looks more confident. Her wings are stretched out on the ground. This is different, compared to the crumpling mess she was a few minutes ago.

She seems oddly familiar to me, the way she holds herself, the way she walks and talks. I know exactly who she reminds me of.

Asaya.

But she can't be. I let myself stop hoping that a while ago. Asaya isn't coming back, not this time.

"We know a girl you might like," says Sam.

She looks up at us. "Okay, and your point is?"

"Her name is May, you feathery bitch. She seems like someone you'd like. We're offering to take you to meet her," I snap.

"Tell me her address, and I'll go there myself, tell her the Winchesters sent me," she says. Damn, I think she's onto us.

Sam steps closer to her. "Amriel, let us take you. You seem exhausted. You need time to recharge yourself."