Part 3

"Killian, wait up!" Emma called out and ran after her boyfriend. Hook turned around to face her.

"Look, Love. It's not that I wouldn't enjoy spending some time with a woman as beautiful as yourself, but I need to go find my crew." He was about to continue walking, but Emma grabbed his arm to stop him.

"What exactly do you remember?" She asked.

"Well, everything. Regina's curse, and then Pan's, and then Zelena's." He tilted his head slightly. "I just don't recall you being in any of it."

Worry lines creased Emma's forehead. "So you don't remember anything between us? Neverland, the Enchanted Forest, New York?"

"Of course, I've been to all those places. But like I said, you were never there." He gave a slight flourish. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some business to attend to." With that, he was gone.

This time Emma didn't run after him. The shock and confusion and hurt kept her in place.

He remembered everything, and at the same time... Nothing. It was like he had lived through everything that she had, but the parts that were about her had been wiped from his memory.

A tear threatened to spill from her eye, but she quickly wiped it away. She was stronger than this; she wasn't going to give up. There must be something she could do, and she knew just who to ask.

***

"Gold, I need to talk to you," Emma announced as she stormed into the pawnbroker's shop. Not seeing him behind the counter, she marched into the back room, only to be sorry she did. Mr. Gold and his wife Belle were enjoying a make-out session by his desk, completely unaware of her presence.

"Oh, God!" The blonde exclaimed and quickly turned away. This startled the couple and Belle let out a quiet shriek. They quickly got up, stumbling over themselves while the young wife's cheeks turned red. Rumple, however, remained calm, though the irritation of Emma's unexpected visit was very evident in his voice.

"Ms. Swan. I'll see to you in the front in just a moment."

Emma gladly left the awkward scene and impatiently waiting for Gold to casually walk up behind the counter.

"What can I do for you?" He asked.

"The Ice Queen did something to Hook..." She began. "Cast some kind of curse or spell on him. He remembers everything of his life, even the parts of Storybrook and Zelena. But anything involving me has been erased. He..." The sheriff swallowed. "He doesn't know who I am."

A frown crossed Rumple's face. "That's strange... I've never heard of a spell being able to cause someone to forget a specific person. There are potions that help forget what troubles you, but nothing like this."

Emma's patience was running thin. "Well, is there something you can do?"

"I'm afraid not," he said a-matter-of-factly. "Magic cannot be used to make someone fall in love with another."

"What about a memory potion? Killian had one when he came for me in New York."

"It's almost impossible to make. The technique is tricky and the ingredients are very rare."

"Can you at least try??" Emma asked frantically, the worry portrayed in her voice.

Gold shifted his feet. "I can, but I can't promise that it'll work." He looked up at her. "In the meantime, I suggest you find your own means of winning him back."

He thoughtfully looked back in the direction of the back room where Belle was probably waiting for him. "And never give up, because true love is worth fighting for."

Emma thanked him and exited the shop, slowly making her way down the sidewalk toward her parent's loft.

True love...

She remembered something; true love's kiss could break any curse!

But that wouldn't help in this situation because Killian didn't love her.

But she loved him.

Emma picked up her pace. He may not love her right now, but he would. Because Gold was right.. He was worth fighting for.