11 - Maleficent and Marshmallow

"I'm back!" Maleficent singsonged, materializing at the top of the steps.

"Go away, mother!" Mal said, turning to face her mother.

"She's funny. Oh!" Maleficent laughed. "You're very funny. Here. Wand me. Chop chop."

Mal shook her head and tossed the wand to Fairy Godmother.

"Bibbidi-Bobbidi-'

"Boo." Maleficent said. I felt her spell try to freeze me, but the magic in my veins fought back. I couldn't see or hear what was going on, but I felt my magic slowly but surely unfreezing me. When I regained my sight and hearing, I saw Maleficent talking to Mal.

"I've had years and years and years and... years of practice being evil." She said. "You'll get there."

"Doubt it." I scoffed. Maleficent's eyes flicked over to me and glowed green as she glared.

"You should be frozen." She growled. I rolled my eyes and glared back at her, my eyes glowing blue.

"I'm tired of people assuming things about me." I growled out, feeling frost forming at my fingertips.

"You're the snow queen's daughter?" Maleficent laughed. "Why don't you go make it snow while I take over the world?"

"I'm only going to say this once before I lose my temper," I snarled. "Go back to the Isle."

"Make me." She chuckled. I huffed and shot a block of ice right at her, knocking her to the floor.

"Mal!" I called.

"Now I command, wand to my hand!" She recited. Fairy Godmother's wand landed perfectly in her hand. "Ha! It worked!"

"I hardly think so." Maleficent groaned, getting to her feet. "Frankly, this is tedious and very immature. Give me the wand. Give me the wand!"

"Hold on, Mal." Carlos said. "Maybe good really is more powerful than evil."

Oh, please!" Maleficent yelled. "You're killing me. Arf!"

I laughed as Dude jumped on her, licking her face. She groaned about his breath before dropping him to the floor. Jay tried to wrestle the scepter out of her hands, but he failed.

"Gaston should be jealous. Enough!" Maleficent shouted. "You will all regret this!"

She spun into a cloud of purple smoke, emerging as a giant dragon. Before I could fire another ice blast at her, Marshmallow came stomping into the castle.

"Mallow!" I cheered.

"Oz in trouble." He stated, his eyes becoming angry. "Bad dragon lady."

"Careful Mallow." I warned, running for cover as Maleficent blew fire at me. "She might melt you."

"Protect Oz and friends." Marshmallow roared, throwing himself at Maleficent.

"That's Marshmallow?" Jay asked incredulously. I smiled sheepishly at him in reply.

"He's a big sweetheart, I promise." I defended over his booming roar. "He's just overprotective."

Maleficent blew heat at Marshmallow, melting him down into a puddle. I glared up at the dragon as Evie shone a light into her eyes. While Mal recited a spell and had a stare-off with her mother, I was working on reviving Marshmallow.

"Oh!" Fairy Godmother sounded, looking down at Mal. She rushed down the steps, avoiding me and the puddle of Marshmallow as best as possible.

"What just happened?" Evie asked.

"I have no idea." Mal stated.

"Did you do it?" Evie questioned.

"I don't know." I tuned them out as Marshmallow started coming back together. Once he was back to his former self, I hugged his leg tight.

"You scared me." I said. Marshmallow pat my head softly, looking down at the small Maleficent.

"Bad dragon lady small." He said. "Oz safe."

"Yeah, I'm safe." I nodded. "Thanks Mallow."

"You've all earned an A in goodness class!" Fairy Godmother stated, jumping slightly at the sight of Marshmallow.

"Even me?" I asked sheepishly.

"Even you, Ozzy." She smiled. She waved her wand and the people became unfrozen.

"Woah!" Audrey screamed, looking up at Marshmallow. I laughed at her and at Ben as he roared, rushing for where Maleficent was before he was frozen.

"Okay, okay!" Mal laughed. "We kinda got this all wrapped up here."

"Next time, I rescue you, okay?" Ben asked.

"Yeah, let's not let there be a next time." I huffed. "I don't fancy watching Marshmallow die again."

"Oh, he's back." Ben said, looking up at the giant snowman.

"He felt I was in trouble." I shrugged. Carlos grabbed me in his arms and sighed.

"I'm glad you're okay." He smiled. Marshmallow poked Carlos, making Carlos jump.

"Be good to Oz." Mallow said sternly.

"Yes, sir, Mr. Snow Monster." Carlos gulped.

"Be nice Mallow." I said softly. "He's special to me."

"You're special to me too." Carlos smiled, kissing me softly.