Chapter 11

I walked over to Jasper who wrapped his arms around me and placed his chin on my shoulder. I don't know what the outcome will be but I have to have faith that we will prevail and my fathers will see reason.

Edward: We can only hope.

Elisabetta: I have to tell you, I've been thinking about this for some time and . . .

Edward: No, you don't have to do it

Elisabetta: If it means that they will leave you alone

Edward: No! There will be another way

Elisabetta: I will go back to Volterra if I have to, to make sure that they leave you alone

Edward: What about Jasper?

Elisabetta: I need you to make sure that he doesn't do anything stupid

Edward: I can't promise that

Elisabetta: It is an ultimate resort, I will do it if I have to

Edward: I believe that it won't be necessary

Elisabetta: I hope not

"You were talking to Edward, weren't you?" Jasper asked.

"Yes, how did you figure it out?"

"The two of you have started doing that a lot lately, you get a bit of the faraway look that Alice gets."

"From what I've heard about her, she seems very odd." I said, laughing.

"She's definitely unique, that much is true." he chuckled.

"That's right, you haven't met Alice yet." Kate said.

"She is one of a kind in the best and most annoying way ever." Tanya added.

"Very fashion-forward for this small town." Rosalie said with a sad sort of smile on her face.

We spent the rest of the night just talking, all of us. Telling stories about our years in the world, things we've done with our gifts, things we weren't supposed to do. The sun slowly started to come out and we prepared for the worst.

Once we were on the field, everyone kept in groups by coven. Edward, Bella, and Nessie were in front, Jasper and I directly behind them, Carlisle and Esme stood to their left with Rosalie and Emmett to their right.

"If we live through this, I'll follow you anywhere, woman." Garrett told Kate.

"Now you tell me." she replied, smirking.

We could hear them walking, the snow crunching under their boots and I started to get very anxious. This can go so wrong.

"The redcoats are coming. The redcoats are coming." Garrett muttered.

"Aro's looking for Alice." Edward said.

It's so odd to me to see everyone out of the Volterra castle. The women never leave, he's brought the entire guard and a handful of witnesses. All for the acquisition of power, their greed for more usurps everything and that's disappointing.

The wolves started to make their way out, halting the guard in their steps. Jake came over to stand next to Nessie and Bella while Sam came over to my side. I could feel their eyes on me, all four of them.

"Elisabetta." Alec whispered, making his sister snarl.

Jasper flexed and grabbed my hand in his. I heard Alec's sharp intake of breath so I squeezed Jasper's hand and placed my other hand on Sam's head. Father Aro pushed the hood of his robe back and everyone else followed suit.

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner." Carlisle said after taking a few steps forward.

"Fair words, Carlisle, but a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against me. You've even had the gall to recruit my own daughter." he replied.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent." Carlisle said.

I stepped forward, tugging my hand out of Jasper's tight grasp to stand next to Carlisle.

"Nessuna legge è stata infranta qui, padri." I told them.
(No laws have been broken here, fathers)

"Elisabetta, I am extremely disappointed in you. We see the child! Do not treat us as fools." Caius argued.

"Lei non è un immortale." I insisted.
(She is not an immortal)

"These witnesses can attest to that." Carlisle continued.

"Posso testimoniarlo."
(I can testify to it)

"Or you can look, see the flush of human blood in her cheeks." Carlisle insisted.

"Artificio!" Caius shouted.
(Artifice)

"Devi solo toccare la mia mano per vedere la verità."
(You only have to touch my hand to see the truth)

"I will collect every facet of the truth, but from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved." Aro requested.

He took a few steps forward, ignoring my offer and held his hand out for Edward. When he stepped away from his wife Renesmee moved to stand in between Bella and Jake to feel safe again. I don't like the distance between Edward and us, or the thoughts going through my father's heads.

Aro took Edward's hand between both of his and was silent for a few seconds. The look on his face slightly worrying when the smile fell. Edward's hand slipped out from between my father and I could hear the thoughts around me worrying, growing in anger and fear on both sides.

"I'd like to meet her." Aro said.

Edward looked behind him and nodded to Bella. Jake started to follow and Bella looked behind her to Emmett who I followed pace with to accompany them by my father's side. Thankfully we are not at the disadvantaged level that they think we are. My father Aro might know the truth but the rest of them don't. That will work in our favor.

"Elisabetta, I see you have made new friends." he said to me.

"So much more than that, padre. Ho trovato la mia anima gemella, quella che sono destinata ad amare per sempre. I have found the family that I was meant to be with." I told him.
(I have found my soulmate, the one I am destined to love forever)

"You don't say, ah young Bella, immortality becomes you. Haa ,I hear her strange heart." he said, ignoring my comment and doing that weird noise he makes.

He held his hand out for Nessie and after looking at her parents, the little girl bravely took the steps forward to the man who wanted to end her and her family.

"Hello, Aro." she said in her soft, pretty voice, then placing her hand on his cheek.

"Magnifico! Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human." he said.

"Impossible!" Caius said.

"Vuoi vedere di persona?" I asked him.
(Want to see for yourself?)

I could sense Jasper's desperation but I have to remain here, this is where I am needed now. This is where I have to be to protect my new family. Edward nodded his head at me and I repeated the action.

"Do you think they fooled me, brother? Or that they fooled our daughter?" Aro asked, turning to his brother.

The five of us, six including Jacob, turned back to our family. Walking quickly after Jacob started growling at his enemy. I ran into Jasper's arms and heard the light growl come from Alec, his sister quickly telling him to calm down.