Mate

Hey guys! I'm sorry for not writing  in forever. A lot of things has gone on in my life. I've started college, I'm in a serious relationship, my parents are together again, and of course COVID-19

But I'm going to try to write more when I don't have a lot of homework. I don't have classes Tuesdays, and Friday-Sunday. But Tuesday is my work day so we'll see how the schedule goes!

Anyway! I hope this story makes up for my absence!

Reader's Pov:

I was sitting at the bar talking to my best friend Mira while she was working. The guild seemed empty this week, but it always does during Spring.

"Hey Mira, is it just me or is the Guild seem to empty out during Spring?" I asked.

She smiled at me as she gave me a travel mug to go. "It does because the Dragon Slayers mate during this season. Last year Gajeel mated with Levy. This year Natsu is mating. And he's the strongest one, so his mate should not be messed with while he's around."

I nodded and got up from my seat. "I see. Well, I'm off, see you in a few days." I bid my goodbyes before taking off on my quest.

Natsu's Pov:

I need to know if she's okay. If anyone dares to lay a finger on her their head is mine!

I slam open the guild doors and look around. "Where is she?!" I yelled.

Mira dropped the glass she was cleaning and ran over to me. "Calm down, Natsu, who are you looking for?"

I growled at her, "(Y/n). Where is she?"

Her eyes softened. "She went on a job. She'll be back in a few days. She's staying at a hotel in Crocus for her mission."

"Give me the details, Mira."

Reader's Pov:

I finally arrived at Crocus and went to check myself in to the hotel I was staying at. "(F/n) (L/n) from Fairy Tail on the Princess's orders." I told the receptionist.

"Hm, someone else came here from Fairy Tail. Do you have proof?" She asked. I squint my eyes at her before showing the request sheet to her.

"Who else is here from my guild?" I asked as she looked over the request. "He said his name was Natsu Dragon...something." "Dragneel" I mumbled, rolling my eyes at the Fire Dragon Slayer. It seems like I can never go on a request alone without him.

"Natsu Dragneel," I said louder, getting her attention. "I remember now, our master said we needed to do this request together. I totally forgot. Thanks for your time. Can I have the key for the room he's in?" I asked.

"Of course! No problem!" She smiles, handing me the key. I smiled at her before going up to the room. I use the key to get in and throw my bag on the closest bed to the door.

"NATSU! What the hell are you-"

I got pinned against the wall and his onyx eyes met my (e/c) ones. A shiver went up my spine as I felt his hot breath against my skin. His eyes were full of anger, possession, and lust. That's when it occurred to me I totally forgot about Natsu's mating season.

Wait...

Shit, I forgot about his mating season!

A low growl came from his chest as his face grew closer to mine. "You're brave for leaving Magnolia without telling me."

I glared at him. "Since when do I need your permission for leaving town?"

His lips were now inches away from mine and it made me a little nervous, but I wouldn't show it to him even if he could smell my fear.

"Always, mate."