Hallway To Love

The crisp fall air tickled my nose while I walked through the doors of my High School.

"2 more years.", I mumbled to myself as I played with my lip ring. The hallway was packed and I, of course, wished I could be anywhere else but there. Everyone avoided me because they feared my wrath. I could embarrass anyone of these idiots in a split second. I made my way around a corner and my books suddenly flew out of my hands. I looked up with eyes full of anger, ready to cuss out whoever crossed my path, only to find Michael Clifford standing in front of me in awe.

'I'M SO SORRY DEVIN, IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!", he explained scrambling to pick up my things. Michael Clifford wasn't really on my radar. He was a nerd and I was a bitch. He spent his time reading and I spent my time drinking and keeping my bad ass reputation, a bad ass reputation. He just wasn't worth my time. Or so I thought..

I snatched my books from him and quickly walked to class before anyone saw the pity I had on Michael. I didn't snap, i didn't tell him off, i stared into his eyes and tried not to fall in love.

****

On my way home I thought of Him.

His perfect face, his perfect eyes, just him in general. What was wrong with me? I liked punk rock guys, not straight "A"s, I kiss the teachers ass kind of guys. I shook my head, trying to get Mikey out of my head. I finally reached my house. "Why him?" I said to myself. He was NOT my type. He wasn't even my type of friend. I struggled to get the image of his whispy blonde hair out of my head. "Maybe if he had pink hair id consider making his more than a friend" I giggled.

I pictured him with pink hair and found my self falling deeper and deeper in love with him.

"STOP IT DEVIN" I yelled. "He would never dye his hair pink just to please you. He probably feared you more than anything." I thought. My feelings soon turned into disappoint. "We'd never happen." I mumbled as I slowly walked up the stairs.

*****

I woke up the next day, thinking of Michael but trying not to. I got ready for school, and tried to make sense of the feelings I had suddenly developed for Michael. "Pink hair." I giggled to myself.

*****

I hopped onto the bus and made my way to the very back. I hated everyone on this damn bus. This was part of the reason why I was such a bitch sometimes. People made me like this, and it was kind of lonely having to sit by myself on the bus. What most people didn't know was that I'd kill to have a friend, a relationship of some kind where I could reveal my secrets and let the wall I had build up around me for so long fall down and let someone know who Devin really was.

An emotional wreck.

I quietly found a seat and popped my head phones in and listened to Blink-182's I Miss you.

It reminded me of Michael. "..Catching things and eating their insides.." The song sung. Kind of like how he caught me and my insides are being eaten alive by the thought of me actually having a crush on him.

*****

When I arrived at school I found myself looking for him. "Devin keep your cool." I said to myself as I casually walked to my locker. "Pink hair is not in dress code." I heard the principal say. "Pink hair..?" I mumbled and turned around to see Michael Clifford with pink hair. Without thinking I smiled and blushed like an idiot. He had me wrapped around his finger. The pink hair had done it.

"I can't do anything about this!" He argued. "Detention!" The principal yelled. "Detention until you figure out what you are to do with that pink hair Mr. Clifford." She walked away extremely irritated.