eight: dizzy

He tried to enjoy his breakfast without letting his thoughts bother him - and to an extent, Taehyung was able to do just just that. Oddly enough, having breakfast with Jungkook didn't feel awkward, and having the boy around didn't really bother him as much as it did before.

It was that gradual, gradual ascension of trust.

Jungkook ate a lot, just like he said. And Taehyung was astonished, witnessing the boy devour five cooked eggs, two waffles, and two decent-sized pancakes. Tae himself only ate about half that amount, on top of his two cups of tea - Jungkook had five. And he claimed he would make up for it by buying Taehyung more tea to replace what he'd consumed, though his offer was turned down.

"I don't understand how you managed to eat all that," Tae said, partially to himself but it drew a laugh from the other.

"I guess old habits die hard."

Taehyung lifted his eyes to glance at Jungkook. For a brief moment, he found the boy smiling big and bright, but that smile faded almost in an instant for some inexplicable reason.

He didn't think much of it. Rather, Taehyung's phone once again seized his attention by making the slightest noise, thus urging him to take the device in hand.

You have (1) new message from Blue.

Blue
Won't you respond, Kim Taehyung? I only wish to know if you are doing well.

Purple
why should my well-being be any concern of yours

Blue
Can a man not want the best for his brother?

Purple
please don't call us brothers

Purple
i'm still suspicious you have ulterior motives for all this

"Is everything okay, Taehyung?"

Jungkook's curious little voice broke through the distraction that was Blue. Tae returned his gaze with an equally puzzled one. "Why do you ask?"

"You look troubled, that's all."

"That's 'cus I am troubled," Taehyung muttered, massaging his temples as he breathed deeply. If he stressed any more, he knew he'd have nothing to show for it but a migraine. "It's not you, a part of me wishes it were you so at least I could rule out all these questions. I don't need any more of these..."

Helpless and aware of it, Jungkook said nothing more but instead began to clean up. He grabbed their empty dishes, carrying them over to the sink so that he could wash them. He wanted to know what was wrong. He wanted to help Tae, to solve the mountain of problems that was evidently continuing to build itself up in the boy's mind. But right now, he felt that asking Taehyung about it would only irritate him further.

In due time, he told himself.

In the meantime as he busied himself washing the dishes, Taehyung returned his attention to his phone.

Blue
I really wish I knew another way to earn your trust, Kim Taehyung. :( Because I swear to you, I have no ill intentions.

Purple
tell me your real name

Blue
My real name is irrelevant to our relationship.

Purple
well why can't you tell me?? are you someone i know??

Blue
I believe the picture I showed you should answer that question. Do you recognize me?

Purple
no... but that doesn't really mean anything