31. It's The Alcohol Talking

Aaron

Hell. That's the first word that came to my mind after waking up. Last night, due to certain circumstances, I drank a lot more than I can handle and that's why every part of my body was hurting a lot. The worst was my head that felt like someone was pounding it with a hammer again and again.

Although my body was rejecting the idea of getting up, I dragged myself to the kitchen to make a strong cup of coffee for me. But my mood worsened when my eyes fell on the sitting figure of Ryan on the lounge of the living room.

In the kitchen, Dad was making French toasts. He stopped when he noticed the scowl on my face and put the batter away. "What happened?"

"Why is he still here? Ask him to book a hotel and get the hell out of this house." I muttered as lowly as possible.

"Aaron!" he chided. "It's been so long. He has been staying away for the last six years, just because you didn't want him around you. He hasn't visited us for two years, just because you didn't want to see him. Can't you just move on?"

"He didn't steal my toys or hide my notebook Dad. He ran away with my wife. My wife, on our wedding night, for God's sake." this time, I didn't try to stifle my voice. I made sure he heard me.

Dad's eyes switched between us, helplessness covering his face. "He got what he deserved Aaron. He did a huge mistake but he got screwed over too. The same woman cheated on him with someone else. Isn't this punishment enough?" Dad whispered, motioning me to lower my voice.

"No. Not in this lifetime." I walked away without drinking the coffee. Within half an hour, I got dressed and left for office, not bothering to talk to either one of them.

In the office, I had to bear Clara's presence for almost one hour in a meeting. I was already enraged and then she added fuel to the fire by saying some shitty things about forgiveness and second chances.

Why am I supposed to give second chance to those two people who made me question my existence the first time?

In the heat of emotions, I misbehaved with her and now sitting in front of my desk and pondering over the situation, I was kind of regretting it. Sure I hated her but there is one thing I'd never approved, and that is disrespecting a woman.

I couldn't even concentrate on my work because of her. Even though she was the reason of my first mental break down, her tears didn't give me the happiness they should. Instead, the sight was just causing me more anxiety.

After contemplating for so many hours, it was about 4pm when I finally stood up and made my way to her office. Knocking on the door, I went inside and her eyes widened when she saw me. Now that I noticed, the area under her eyes was slightly red, like she had rubbed it again and again.

"Y.. Yes?" she asked, standing immediately.

"I..." I was about to say sorry when Amber called her inside her room through the intercom. Excusing herself, she asked me to wait while she talked to her.

Once she left her office, I seated myself on the revolving chair and looked around. The place smelled like her, fruity and feminine. Just like all the clothes she left behind, which I had to burn in the end.

As my eyes landed on her computer laptop screen, I regretted the decision of coming here. A video maker was opened on the browser and a slideshow of few pictures was running.