Chapter Forty One - Graduation Kisses

Vote, comment, follow. You know what to do

I missed you more than you could imagine.

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

"Mom please," I say as I swat away her hands that attempt to fix my hair for the hundredth time. "It's windy okay?"

She pulls back her hand and sighs at me, a bright grin forming on her face. Her delicate fingers come up to her lips as she watches me in awe, then she turns to my dad who gently rubs her back.

"Mom I'm not even in the gown yet, please don't start crying," I say as my eyes flick between hers.

My dad laughs. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she says as she waves her hands in front of her face. "I'm just so proud of you." She steps forward to give me a tight hug.

Then my dad hugs us both. After a few moments they pull away, my mom holds me at arms length and admires me for a few moments.

Wearing a little white lace dress with nude heels. It was nothing special but I was never one to go overboard with outfits.

 "Right, I need to go and collect the tickets and then get into my gown," I tell my parents

"Okay, well we'll wait over here?" My dad suggests and I nod towards him.

"See you in a second," I nod towards them as I head towards the main building.

I was officially graduating today and even though I was excited, my nerves were on another level. All I have to do is walk across the stage whilst they call my name, shake the chancellors hand and take my scroll. But the fear of falling flat on my face in these heels was real.

We were blessed with a warm sunny day which made today all the better. There was a positive and vibrant buzz on campus, the feeling of success and inspiration. I was living for it.

My gown is fitted to me and the hat delicately placed on top of my head. This was the real deal now.

I stare at myself in the mirror and I smile. I smile because I have worked so hard to be in this position. Every high and every low I have experienced over these last four years, have been worth it for making me who I am today.

Taking myself to the box office I collect my parents tickets for the ceremony. Saying hello to some people as I walk through campus to attempt to find my parents.