39: Horror

"I don't want to be just a friend Sophie, I want more than that."

She snapped on her seat. I noticed her hands twitched on mine but I held on it tightly.

"Wha... What do you mean... Yoongi?" She's stammering and blushing at the same time.

I smirked, "You know what I mean."

"I... I think I have to go now," she was about to stand but I gently pulled her hand so she was back to her seat.

I softened my gaze at her, "Why Sophie? Don't you like me?"

"I... I.." I can feel her uneasiness so I reached for her face across the table and I tilted her chin so her eyes is on me.

"I like you," she murmured in a voice so low but I heard it so well.

Behind this midnight silence, the only thing I can hear is her voice and my loud heartbeat.

Her words made my heart growled out of its cage.

"But..." she trailed off.

I walked up and sit next to her, "Don't worry, I understand."

I will always understand.

I held her hands while looking into her glistening eyes which is my only light in this darkness, "I'm willing to wait. I can wait."

I've waited for you for a long time, and I'm certain I can wait for another again. Even it means I'll be back in hell, I know an angel will save me.

I saw her smiled after being tensed, "Thanks Yoongi."

I hugged her. I want to feel her warmth, I want to smell her scent. I want everything so bad.

"Hyung you're so weak!" I overheard Jungkook approaching the dining room.

"Shut it!" Taehyung giggled. "I was just-" he trailed off as they entered the room. Their eyes widened when they saw us hugging.

Sophie immediately pulled away from me, clearly embarrassed. Well it's just a hug, as if we're making out or doing anything.

Jungkook switched the lights on, and quickly turned it off again.

Taehyung elbowed him, "Sorry hyung. We're just hungry and promise this will be real quick."

He elbowed Jungkook again. Jungkook's eyes was still widened like a deer but he obliged to Taehyung. He sprinted to the cabinet to get some chips.

"Hi Taehyung and Jungkook," Sophie greeted them.

Taehyung scanned her, probably wondering why the heck she's here with those silky pajamas. "Hi Sophie," he smiled back.

Jungkook walked beside Taehyung, hugging bags of chips and cans of soda, "Hi noona."

"Are you guys pigging out tonight?" I teasingly chuckled at them.

Sophie elbowed me while mouthing, 'you're mean'.

I frowned, "What? Just asking."

"We're gonna watch a movie," Taehyung beamed then they started to leave.

"Both of you are welcome to join, but it's a horror one!" He shouted across the hall.

Sophie's eyes widened in excitement, "I haven't watched a horror movie. I'm curious."

I chuckled and shook my head, "An angel watching a horror movie?"

She pouted, but I wish she would stop soon because that lips of her is a devilish temptation. "Aww but I want to. Come on Yoongi."

He grabbed me by my hand and dragged me to the living room, with the maknaes.

-

I squinted my eyes as the stupid actor went downstairs to see if someone is in there. Well they know something is in there to scare the shit out of them right? Why still go?

"AAHHH!" Taehyung, Jungkook and I shouted in unison as a scary, disgusting creature shocked the hell out of the actor.

Sophie cringed at our loud voices, "Are you scared Yoongi?"

I opened my eyes back to its normal state and I straightened my back, "No. of course not hah who's scared? I'm just surprised."

"Aren't you scared noona?" Jungkook asked as he shove a handful of chips on his mouth.

"No," she laughed. "They aren't scary at all. True demons are more scarier than that."

The kids widened their eyes on her, "Have you seen one noona?"

"Do you have a third eye?" Taehyung gasped, covering his mouth with his hand.

"No. I don't have a third eye. But I already saw many of-nthdbxbdksknd..." I covered her mouth with my hand. She shouldn't spill anything to them, or they will be curious as hell.

"What she mean is... she knows how they look like because... she read it from a book." I tried to managed a fake smile, "Right. From a book."

I flashed them my gummy smile. They just nodded slowly in agreement and turned their heads back to the movie.

Sophie frowned at me, maybe asking why the heck did I do that. I just sweetly smiled back at her and put a chip on her mouth, which she chewed with furrowed eyebrows.

We continued watching. Fortunately there are less thrilling scenes, so less jump scares. Suddenly I felt her tugging the hem of my shirt like a kid, "Yoongi I'll just get a water."

I was about to stand but she dragged me back by my shirt, "No. I can get it."

"No. I'll get it."

She giggled, "Yoongi, I'm not a baby okay? I'll get it."

"Alright. Come back okay?" I pouted.

She got up and I heard her mumbled teasingly, "I'm just getting a water."

-

After few shitty jump scares, and few shouts from us, Sophie is still out there getting water.

Where did she go to get a water? In the well? What is taking her so long?

It's not like our dorm is too big for her to get lost.

Maybe she went to the toilet? But she doesn't know where. Or maybe she found out?

Or maybe she went home because she got sleepy? But she should've just say goodbye to me.

Aish. My thoughts won't do anything. I need to get my ass up to find her.

I walked to the kitchen but I froze on my tracks as soon as I overheard something.

"Sophie. I want to tell you something."

Namjoon.

-
A/N: Sorry for the cliffhanger...