Chapter I - Meeting Her

One word to define the current situation, STUPID - was the only thought running through Alpha Ryan's head. His whole body hurt like hell, transpiring in and out of consciousness. 'Shit, Shit, Shit,' he damned himself. To fall into an obvious trap was unforgivable. Being an Alpha, he could not afford to make mistakes, But here he was in a cell, God knows where the place was? Ryan shook his head a few times trying to focus and peered through the dark, trying to figure out where he was held. A few whimpering sounds were heard making him realize he was not the only one in the dungeon. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he slowly made out the silhouettes of a few prisoners. He tried to move his arms around, Pain shot through his whole body again.

'Damn these Bastards!' he cursed. They had chained him with cuffs made of silver, preventing him from accessing his wolf's strength. He felt his whole body drained of energy; his wolf, was unable to heal him.

Luka, his beta chained in the same way to one side of the wall on his right. Sam and Daniel - his third and fourth in command was next to him. He found a few other wolves tied up in the same way. Ryan was unable to recognize them. Further surveying the place he saw there were three female wolves among them. His rage was starting to build up noticing the state of those girls. All three were young, presumably going to middle school. Luka stirred beside him, a low growl emanated from him, recognizing the handcuffs and released, a string of curses.

"Ryan!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah, I'm right here."

"Where the hell are we?" he asked.

Before he could answer the whimpering turned into crying. Both of them turned their heads around to find two of the girls crying their hearts out, but the third girl was very quiet. Grunts erupted from a few other people who were coming to their senses. Ryan finally took note of the place they were in. At first, he thought it was a dungeon, but as his eyes adjusted he found it was more of a cell and it looked like it was on the basement. There were no windows, only one iron door, locked. The only light coming into the room was a small ventilation shaft near the roof. The walls and roof were quite old with lots of dust and paints worn out. The stench of mildew made him gag. If one can look closely, there were lots of dried blood stains on the walls and floors, they were not the first ones to be held there.

Daniel - his third in command tried to start to speak with the prisoners next to him, but they were not responding.

"Looks like, these people were here long before us," Luka observed. Their eyes had a deadpan look like they have given up all hopes of escaping this place. Ryan counted a total of twelve people, including himself.

"Damn! We should have realized it was a trap; the bait was just too easy," remarked Daniel.

"I am sorry guys," Sam apologized ruefully. "If not for me, We would not have been in this mess."

Sam was quite impulsive out of all of us. He jumps into a situation without thinking and always gets into a mess. Ryan couldn't blame him, though. As an Alpha, he should have waited to assess the situation first, but threw caution to the wind and followed the bait. He was in a hurry to uncover the mysterious disappearances in his pack.

"It's alright," he assured him. But was wondering, how they were going to get out of this mess, considering they were all practically helpless. The silver handcuffs, cut off their wolf's senses, It was like they were wandering blindly. Ryan almost resented the fact as to how much they all depended on their wolves.

Then they heard it. Sounds of boots walking down the stairs. As if on cue, all the crying and whimpering stopped. Ryan could effectively smell the fear rolling of these wolves. All were silent when the door opened. Two men stepped in, they were dragging a body behind them. The scent of fresh rain and earth hit Ryan strong. He did a double take and almost leaped out from his crouched position. They threw the body in the middle of the room, laughed and walked out. Ryan let out a growl involuntarily, seeing the way they handled the prisoner.