It's just the beginning

6:00am

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP SMACK!!!

'Damn alarm clock' I think to myself every morning, why do I get up so early? It's not like there is much to live for, now the world is utterly screwed.... Yes, the world as we know it has turned to crap... Not from global warming, Nor from stupid polititions and whatever garbage they spoke about on ABC... NOT EVEN that god damn racist basterd next door, who wanted everyone not like him to die, those like him to bugger off and everyone else to go F**K themselves. Yep a conplete knob head.... Soo glad he was one of the first to go.

No it was the stupid scientists. They created some suposide new body enhancing drug. Which was stolen in the testing stage and distributed to drug cartels all across Australia. Yep found its way to every city here and maybe the world. Well not that it matters now, there are only a few survivors left and we band together and help each other out thursdays. We think of it as our new latenight thursdays.

Well as a usual routine I turn on the t.v. and see what mayheme the zombies are causing /or what major city has just fallen victim to this plauge on society.

Oh right, sorry I forgot to tell you the world is nearly completely covered in flesh eating ZOMBIES. I know what your thinking... FUN right??? Well..... It was for a while, but now its just sad, so many poor and innocent people dead or half alive. However you want to put it.

Well I turn my t.v. on every morning hoping for the tables to turn and for us fighting back to make some solid ground, but were still just faceplant in the dirt not getting anywhere. The news is on... adelaide was just overrun, makin that the last state in this fine land to be taken by those creepers... Thats just great...

Well feeling all depressed eating cornflakes and the last of the milk a week old, I look outside hold my gun tightly and get ready for another day.

I stand at the door LOOK, LOCK, LEAVE and RUN. Thats what you have to do to survive. And as im running with the sun glaring in my blue eyes, my hair tide back but still flying furiously in the wind I round the next corner and i stop dead in my track... zombie... feeding on the flesh of another one of its unlucky victims. The smell of putrid rotting flesh and loud grunts and groans as he tares into the arm which gives me a little chill that runs down my spine. There cannibals... Stinky, smelly, gross, dead, stupid bloody cannibals.

As I aim my gun towards his head, he must have heard me, he lifts his head up blood dripping from his chin, eyes as dark as the night sky and growls. BANG. He falls to the floor dead. Great shot if I don't say so myself, straight between that monsters eyes 'booya' I say walking past and fist pumping the air. Now first thing to do today, find some food.

Thought i would head down to the furtherst foodshop, to see what or who I could find. I would walk till 11 find what I could and return home with plenty of time before nightfall. The worst possible time to be out. Keeping to areas clearly lit and as open as possible my first thought was the freeway. But heading towards the city...

Zombie central... Bad idea.

The place was crawling with them. I had made a few trips there in the past. Even before the outbreak I hated it, filled with snobs, rich pricks and the other scum. Now I dreaded the thought of going. One place I thought I might never go again. And I wasn't gonna go there today, I turned around and headed through the suburbs around me. Walking through parks and creeks into the heart of my childhood. A place were I was born, raised, loved and hurt... and one of the first to be infected... ARMADALE.