Chapter 12 - Charming

“I must say I received a slightly warmer welcome on my last visit.” Tyrion said.

“Any man of the nights watch is welcome at Winterfell.” Robb said to Yoren who nodded.

“Any man of the nights watch, but not I, aye boy?” Tyrion said.

“I’m not your boy, Lannister. I’m Lord of Winterfell while my father is away.” Robb’s voice was cold as he spoke to Tyrion.

“You might learn a Lord’s courtesy.” Tyrion said and then movied to face Bran, ignoring Robb. “Hello, Bran.” Bran managed a nod. “Do you remember any…”

“He has no memory of that day.” Maester Luwin answered for Bran before Tyrion could finish. Cold welcome even from the Maester, something told me there was more to this then simply not liking a Lion.

“Curious.” Tyrion said.

“Why are you here?” Robb asked Tyrion, clearly confused as to why Tyrion bothered with a hello when we all knew he would find another bed to sleep in with less respectable surroundings. Tyrion once again ignored Robb as he walked up to Bran. “Do you like to ride Bran?” He asked. I actually didn’t know what Tyrion was doing, he hadn’t mentioned anything to me. Robb looked at and I shrugged slightly indicating I didn’t know. His gaze lingered a little longer and then turned back to his brother and the Imp.

“Yes… well I mean I did like to.”

“The boy has lost the use of his legs.” The Maester said, stubbornly.

“What of it? With the right horse and saddle even a cripple can learn how to ride.” Tyrion shot back.

“I’m not a cripple.”

“Then I’m not a dwarf, my father will rejoice to hear it.” He said sarcastically and I had to supress rolling my eyes and sighing. “I have a gift for you.” Tyrion pulled a rolled up parchment from his cloak and handed it to the boy over the table. “Give that to your saddler. He’ll provide the rest.” Bran opened the scroll. “You must shape the horse to the rider.” He said to Robb. “Teach it to respond to the reigns and the boy’s voice.”

“Will I really be able to ride?” Bran asked with a small smile.

“You will. On horseback you’ll be as tall as any knight.”

“Is this some kind of trick? Why do you want to help him?” Robb asked.

 “I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things.” Tyrion said bitterly as Bran smiled at him.

“You’ve done my brother a kindness, the hospitality of Winterfell is yours.” Robb said, although the scorn was still in his voice and his eyes.

“Spare me your false courtesies, Lord Stark. There’s a brothel outside your wall, there I will find a bed and both of us can sleep easier.” Tyrion said and walked out, leaving me and Yoren.

I looked to Yoren and back at Robb, “May we take those room if Tyrion doesn’t?” I asked.

Robb nodded with a kind smile, “Of course, My Lady. You may stay as long as you like.”

“We shall only need one, maybe two night for the sake of the horses, M’lord.” Yoren stepped forward.

Robb stood from his chair, “Well, both nights we shall have a feast. You must inform us of how my brother, Jon is doing all in black over dinner.” He said, looking between us. “Theon will show you to your chambers, Ser and My Lady, if you’ll follow me I will take you to yours.” Robb said as Theon stepped forward and directed Yoren away.