Chapter 6

Shanna sat the smooth wooden bowl down onto the table in front of Soramena. The hot chicken noodle soup overflowed with steam. Soramena picked up her spoon and blew over the bowl clearing away the steam revealing the large chunks of chicken, slices of carrots, celery, and potatoes and rich flavorful juice. She scooped up a spoonful and  blew on it as Shanna sat down at the table with her own bowl of soup. Soramena popped the spoonful into her mouth and let out a soft "mmm" sound. Shanna smiled as she blew on her own soup. They ate in silence, only the sound of the spoons scraping the bowls filled the home. The sound of Soramena slurping the final remainder of her juice made Shanna speak, "Would you like anymore?"

Soramena shook her head, "No thanks. You shook jar up the extra so we can take with us to Rumond."

Shanna nodded as she lifted her bowl, "Okay." she slurped the juice from her bowl and took both hers and Soramena's bowl to the kitchen.

Soramena stood up from the table gritting her teeth. Her leg was sore from climbing down the mountain. During the climb it had snapped out of place and she had to break it again to reset it causing the healing to start over again. She glanced over at Shanna hoping she hadn't heard her hiss. Shanna was busy washing their bowls. Soramena sighed then tensed back up as Shanna spoke, "You know I wish we would wait at least a day to leave so you can heal."

Soramena sighed, "We can't you know that. Plenty of people in the pack need some of the things and for some of them waiting isn't a good thing."

Shanna nodded and put away the clean bowls, "I know. You always hurry off on your trips. This time I'm just glad I can go I can make sure you actually eat properly."

"Hey that was only one trip that I forgot to eat," Soramena shouted.

Shanna started to laugh, "Yeah but you were gone for three days! I have no idea how you didn't hear your stomach growling. I heard it from a mile away."

Soramena started laughing along with her. When they had finished laughing Shanna turned and grabbed two glass jars from a cabinet. She got the pot of leftovers and started to pour the soup into the jars. After she had filled one she let out a large yawn. Soramena walked over and took the pot from Shanna, "Get to bed. I will finish this and we can pack in the morning."

Shanna nodded and headed off to her room. Soramena carefully poured the remained of the soup into the second jar. She opened a small wooden box on the counter and pulled out two metal lids. She placed the lids onto the jars and pulled out a wooden mallet from the box. She smacked the top of the lid and the lid snapped onto the jar. She placed the two jars into the small basket Shanna had pulled out and turned off the lantern. She let out a small yawn and headed to bed.

She walked into her room and closed the door. She touch a orb next to her bed and a bright glow filled her room. The orb was a neat invention that she had found in Rumond. It was a mixture of magic from an elementalist and a witch. She looked around her brighten room, it was simple and slightly messy, just the way she liked it. She walked over to her clothes trunk which was scattered with dirty clothes, she pushed the clothes off and opened the trunk. She dug through the clothes in the trunk and pulled out a large shirt. She pulled off her clothes and slid on the large shirt. The shirt was a dirty white colored shirt that had been intended for a large man. When she had bought it the tailor had looked at her as if she was crazy but she loved it. She climbed into her small bed yanking her quilt over her body and closed her eyes. She tossed her hand over the side of her bed just barely touching the small orb and her room was plunged into darkness. After a few minutes sleep over came her.

----------------------------

Soramena woke to the smells of fresh bread and bacon. She sat up rubbing her eyes. She slid out of bed and stood up. She noticed her leg didn't hurt anymore. It was still hard to bend it but it wasn't sore so she was kind of happy. She opened her bedroom door and headed to the kitchen. Shanna turned to her and smiled as she walked into the kitchen. "Breakfast is almost ready," Shanna said turning back to the pan in the fire.

Soramena turned and looked out the window. She rubbed her eyes again, wondering if she was still sleeping. It was still dark outside, the sun not even peeked over the horizon. "What time did you wake up?" She asked Shanna.

"Um...3 hours ago..." Shanna said quietly not looking at Soramena.

Soramena's eyes snapped wide open, "You only slept for 3 hours! You need to sleep!"

"I'll be fine. I can sleep in the carriage on the way. Besides I wanted to make sure to make some bread for our trip," Shanna said.

Soramena sighed and buried her face in her hands, "Fine. I'm going to go change." Soramena turned and walked back into her bedroom. She touched the orb by her bed allowing light to flood her bedroom. She walked over to her clothes trunk and pulled open the lid. She dug through the clothes packed in the trunk and pulled out her outfit. she looked at the outfit she had laid onto her bed. It was a pair of brown leather cut off pants that stopped just below her knee and a sleeveless vest-like shirt that laced up across the front of her chest. She pulled the string tightly pulling the shirt till her skin couldn't be seen below the crosses. It made the shirt slightly tight but it was better then allowing herself to show a lot of skin like most women did. She slid on a pair of dark brown boots and headed back into the kitchen.

Shanna was standing at the counter wrapping up bread in a dark green paper-like wrapping. She placed the bread into the basket which was now almost completely full and turned to Soramena. She picked up two plates from the counter and walked over to the table sitting them down. Soramena sat down at the table and picked up a piece of bacon quickly munching it away. She loved bacon better then any other meat. She looked up from her plate and saw Shanna was staring at her holding in a laugh. Soramena glared at her as she picked up another piece of bacon. She pointed at Shanna with the bacon and in her most intimidating voice said, "Don't mess with my bacon."

Shanna exploded with laughter. Her laughter flooded the room, followed by a humph and a loud crunch of bacon from Soramena.

Once they had finished eating breakfast Shanna went back into the kitchen to clean their dishes and finish packing all of the food that they would need. Soramena went back into her room and she pulled a small leather bag from under her bed. She dug through her clothes trunk and tossed a few outfits as well as her sleeping shirt into the bag pulling the drawstring tightly on the bag. She slung the bag over her shoulder and reached under her bed again. She slid out a small trunk-like box. The box was closed but hanging out from between the lid and the chest was a rope with a small hook attached. She opened the box, revealing a lot more ropes and other kinds of ties, and pushed the rope that was hanging out back in. She closed the box, turned off the orb light, and walked back out into the main room.

Shanna already had the food basket, a bag with what Soramena assumed was her clothes from the long sleeve pink hanging out, and a rather large chest sitting by the door. Shanna herself was sitting on the chest breathing heavily. "What exactly is in that chest?" Soramena asked.

Shanna turned to her still out of breathe, "It's...just...band...dages...and...medicine..."

"What?!" Soramena screamed as she walked over and almost shoved Shanna off as she opened the chest. Sure enough the chest was almost over flooding with wraps and some of the most expensive medicines she had bought over the years. "Oh my..." She turned and looked at Shanna who just shrugged.

"What? I've saved everything in case your injuries ever needed them," Shanna said.

"Shanna some of these medicines could be used to help the others!" She closed the chest and sighed. "When we get back were taking this up to the mountains."

"But what about your injuries?" Shanna asked.

Soramena shook her head, "Shanna if I need medicine for something my body won't heal I can get you to go to the village and get it quickly. They can't. It's fine for us to keep a few bandages and aloe around in case you get hurt but we need to remember that there are others in this world who are a lot worse off then us."

Shanna sighed and nodded, "Fine. Let's go." She lifted her clothes bag onto her back and Soramena took the food basket and they headed outside to the carriage.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry guys about the wait. My new work schedule has me off only on Sundays and Mondays so it messes up my uploading cause I can't get to the library till Monday. I had this finished a few days ago but couldn't get up here. Please don't hate me and continue to comment. I love getting new fans and see how many people are loving my stories.