Chapter 3

"Aurora? Aurora? Aurora, are you okay?"

Shock worked its way through my body, paralysing me to the spot as I stared through the windscreen at the bark of the tree in front of us. It was flaking in places and now tinged with flecks of silver paint where my car bonnet had crushed inwards and basically merged itself with the tree. The windscreen was shattered, the cracks in the glass running all over it.

"Aurora? Are you hurt? Talk to me?"

The shock was gradually dissipating, but it was quickly replaced with anger.

"I. Fucking. Hate. You," I spat out, still not looking at him.

"Ahh, good to see the normal Aurora is back then."

"Get out of my bloody car! Get out! Get out!" What right did he have to laugh at me? Fuck him. I finally allowed myself to look at him and realised he hadn't moved an inch.

"Get out!" I screamed again, shoving his arm. He still didn't budge. I tried again, this time screwing my fist into a ball and punching him in the same spot. Nothing.

"Fine. I'll leave."

I slung open the door with more force than necessary and threw myself out, leaning over with my hands on my knees to catch my breath.

"Aurora, calm down."

I shot around so fast my neck began to ache. Or maybe that was just the after effects of the crash, I couldn't tell. Justin was stood too close to me, too close even at the best of times, like when he'd dragged me through the airport pressed against his chest, but right now, with the amount of anger that I could actually feel pulsing through my veins, he must have really had a death wish.

"Get out of my face, Justin," I announced through gritted teeth, trying not to explode. It was taking all the willpower I had not to, and my body was hurting from holding back the sheer force that wanted to be unleashed.

Instead of walking away like he should have, he reached forward and grabbed onto my shoulders, forcing me to stay in front of him. That was his first mistake that he was going to regret, and I was going to make damned sure he would regret every other one he'd already made or was yet to make with me. I was just that pissed right now.

His eyes were intent on mine as he spoke, but it was like there was a screen between us, a slight tinge to his voice that made it seem like I was in another room hearing him, and not about ten centimetres away.

"Aurora, please, are you okay? I think you've gone into shock. Just breathe, please, just breathe," he told me, and I could feel his breath hitting my face as he said the words. He seemed so sincere, so caring, but luckily for me I had good instincts and knew better.

His mouth opened again, as if he was about to say something else, but all that came out was a loud and almost animalistic groan as I raised my knee and slammed it into his private parts. He dropped his hands immediately, stumbling backwards as they moved to caress his manhood back to life. I was so happy that the move had gone well; up to now I'd only ever seen it on TV. I guess there was a first time for everything.

While he almost certainly sent mental apologies to his baby making body parts, I shoved past him to survey the damage. God damn it. The whole front of my car was a wreck, the bonnet squashed to about a third of its original size and looking like one of those coke cans the boys at school jumped down on all the time to compete with each other.

My poor baby. I ran my hand over the compacted metal, feeling the bumps and cracks underneath my skin.

"Is your phone working?" Justin wheezed from somewhere behind me. I mentally congratulated myself for the fact that he was so obviously still affected by the injury I'd given him. It seemed like getting one over on him could distract me from anything.