Chapter 1

Photo of Sohpia next to the front cover

Sophia's pov

My heat started beating faster as I put the finishing touches on my new invention. It has taken weeks to get all the tools I needed, but being the head scientist has it's perks. I pressed the on button and watched as the lines moved around sensing any movement around sensing any movement around me. A moment later it started picking up movement, a green dot showed up. Since it's green it must be human. I turn around to see my second in command Milo, he's bright red hair made him seem younger when he was actually 28, his bright blue eyes hidden under ugly big block glasses. I nodded allowing him to speak.
"Sophia, the profession wants to speak to you."
I sighed and turned my chair around back to my invention and started writing notes down about what's happening on it. "What does that dirt bag what with me?" I heard a laugh from behind me.
"Well this dirt bag wants to speak with you about why you haven't been showing up to the meetings"
I put my pencil down on the piece of paper that I had my note on and take a breath out in annoyance. Turning my chair around to see the professor standing behind me with his arms crossed. Crap, I'm in trouble.
"Well?" He said making his left eye brow going up asking for a answer but all he looked like was a old man trying to be mad at his favourite child.

"Well professor..... I see no point in going to them anymore." I turned my chair around back to my work. It was true, I see no point in going to something I will get bored at. All they talk about is zombies and the attack and defence. I use to me the caption because of my training I did growing up, all I did was tell everyone what to do and where to go. But soon I started to get more and more focused on inventing stuff so I stepped down from being the caption an gave it to my second in command, and worked more on science an inventing stuff to help make the safe zone even better.

"But Sophia, even if you aren't the caption anymore, being the head of scientist you still have to come. Maybe help the newbies?." I turned myself around so I was facing the one man I looked up to when I first came here.
"The new newbies don't need my help if they are alive!" I said raising my voice a bit.

"But-" he started to say but I cut him off.

"I don't fricken care about butts professor, and I don't care about the stupid meeting. If your are only here to lecture me about not going to the stupid meetings then get out! Your wasting my time." I turned back to my notes and started writing. From my calculations, it wouldn't spread out to far, maybe....Hm maybe two foot away. I need it to be further. Great, now I have to pull it apart once again.

"I'm not here for that, I'm here to tell you to come to the meeting tomorrow, it's very important so do please come." I could hear his steps to the door walk away but when I thought he was gorn they stop, "Oh as well Sophia. I told Rachel," And then the foot steps are further and further away until I can't hear them anymore.

Shit! Why the hell did he have to tell her. She is now going to kick my ass for not going to the meetings as well she will be forcing me to go to the stupid ass meeting tomorrow. Great. ( note the sarcastic )

*
*
*
*
*
LIKE

COMMENT

FOLLOW