The Start

Y/n pov.

I was pacing around my apartment trying to wrap my head around the letter laying on my working desk glancing at it ever so often. Sighing I walked up to my desk and picked up the snow-white envelope. The black inc looked as if it was slowly sucking up the light surrounding it like it was a tiny black hole. Taking out the many layers of paper from the already opened letter, I slowly began to read it again letting the words sink deeper into my brain letting the organ of soft nervous tissue start to process the pages.

(Ps. I have no idea how this letter thing workes just so you know)

Dear Miss Y/n L/n

We have received a list from your school of worthy candidates for our new job and we are pleased to inform you that you and miss F/n L/n one of your classmates are more than qualified and would like to offer you a job. We await your answer and hope to see you soon.

The information about what you will be doing and your new living arrangements are all listed on the other papers.

Wish you well

Adam's lab

It's not that I don't want to work there. It's just that it's quite far away and then I have to leave my family behind. Sighing I went to the phone and picked it up slowly dialing my mother's number. After a few rings, I gave up and rang my father instead. After the first two beeps, there was a small click and a calm and deep voice filled my ears. Smiling to myself I mumbled a small hi.

"Hello, how is my precious daughter doing? Found any jobs jet?" he sounded excited. "Kind of, you see I've been contacted by Natures habitat lab along with F/n and I'm not too sure if I want to leave you all here" All that was heard on the other side was silent before it was broken by an amazing shout and my mother's name being called. "Honey are you serious? Since graduation and you already have an offer from that lab you always wanted to work for? This is amazing!" There was shuffling herd before the phone was snatched from the man and a squealing female voice was heard. "Oh, my baby! You have to go. This is your dream job after all" calming her down I tried to explain "I know but so soon and soo far away. I just don't know if I'm ready to leave you guys yet." Sighting my mother began "You don't have to worry about us and you got F/n with you there right? You'll be perfectly fine." sighing again "I guess" Smiling I bid them farewell "Bye Mom, send my regards to Dad" a cheerful "Will do sweety" came in return.

Right after the beep sounded there was another call. From my phone blared the team song for Dead Silence scaring me. (This is actually my friend's ringtone for me) Picking it up I could see the caller id, taking a deep breath I clicked the accept button. A squealing sound entered my apartment almost destroying my ears in the process "Y/NNN!!!! AHHHHH HAVE YOU READ THE LETTER?" I hummed in response with a soft smile on my face "OF COURSE YOU HAVE, I CAN'T WAIT. I'm coming over..." my eyes widened "Wait now? Isn't it a little late now?" heavy footsteps could be heard from the phone "Too late" And with that, the sound of my doorbell went of signaling her arrival.

I went straight for the door peeking through the peeping hole. There on the other side stood an inpatient F/n tapping her foot rapidly on the ground her hand stretching to reach the doorbell again. But before she could reach it I opened the door only to be tackled to the ground by my overly excited friend now on top of me.

I slowly sat up and rubbed my now sore back before pushing her off me and standing up. Giving her a hand I pulled her up and we went to the kitchen. "You are going, right? I can't live there alone." I rose from my seat and began to make us both a cup of Te "Well it's a big facility, so you wouldn't really be alone. But yes, I just talked to my parents and they want me to go so I'm doing this" Picking up the now finished Te I sat it in front of us picking mine up blowing on it gently. "You know Y/n this is like a dream come true" I nodded "Yeah but isn't it a little sudden? I mean there has been quite a decrease of zoologists at the lab so I can kind of understand but still, Why take contact with us instead of the other way around?" sipping her Te F/n hummed "You are overthinking things again Y/n. There is nothing to worry about" After that, we sipped our Te in comfortable silence.

3rd pov.

After their discussion, they decided that it was best if F/n spent the night.

The next morning there was full chaos and running all around the apartment. Pens scribbling on paper and shoes went flying. Soon they were out the door and running down to the post office sending their letters.

They then slowly made their way back again to begin packing.

For the next few days, boxes were piling up around Y/n's apartment not leaving much room for her to walk. There was knocking heard from the door while Y/n was navigating her way through her self-made maze. Twisting the doorknob and opening the door she was met with the sight of flowers, chocolate, and two crying adults. Stepping slightly to the side she opened the door wider and welcomed them in. "Oh my, look how clean it is now!" Sighing Y/n closed the door behind them. "I got a call yesterday. They already have my new apartment ready so all that's missing now is me and my things." The older woman went towards her daughter and hugged her "That's wonderful. When will you be leaving?" slowly getting out of her embrace Y/n made her way to her dad hugging him too "Well I will be leaving tomorrow morning with F/n"

"Honestly I Wouldn't believe myself if I told myself that my daughter would be off to work for a famous lab at such a young age." She leaned forward and grabbed Y/n's hands swaying lightly. "I hope you have a wonderful journey honey, While we're here would you like some help getting your things down to your car?" nodding Y/n and her parents started to move all the boxes down to Y/n's car.

It took a few rounds but they managed to get all the boxes down to the car. After that, they bid each other goodbye and went their separate ways and Y/n moved to sleep in her bed one last time. Letting darkness consume her, she fell into a deep sleep.

~Time skip to the next morning~

That morning had been just as stress full as the last few days as there was a slight problem... They couldn't fit all the boxes F/n had with her. Normally the most logical answer would be to drive two cars and a car trailer but 1. F/n didn't know how to drive 2. She didn't have anyone else to drive her. This again led to their current conversation. 

Y/n's pov 

"Honestly F/n you don't need all those shoes." F/n huffed shoving harder against one of her twenty bags of shoes trying to fit it into the now packed car. "I do in fact need these *Grunt* Y/n, Think of all those hot doctors." Sighing I took five of the remaining bags and held them up. "This has gone too far. I'm sending these to your parents and no but's." turning I went into my apartment and set them down just beside the door. A few moments later I could hear frantic footsteps coming down the hallway. "Y/n!!! I need those." Turning I blocked her way towards the bags "I will give your parents the key to my apartment so they can send them to you, but right now you will find the ones you will use the most and we will leave." A frown settled upon her face as she opened her mouth to protest only to be stopped by a finger "No. We need to leave they're expecting us there tonight and it's already eleven and it takes at least seven hours and we need to make stops along the way" Slowly F/n's head lowered in defeat as she could only agree now.

3rd pov

  After they finally settled into an agreement they were on their way making a short stop at F/n's parent's home to drop off the key. It didn't take long before F/n fell asleep finally giving Y/n peace to think about all that had happened and now how her future looked forward. All that was left now was to wait.