Chapter 5

Renee's POV:

  *A year later*

     Blake never came looking for me.

       Did it bother me though? Hell no.

        I smiled softly as played with small grass, running my fingers through it. I watched as my new pack jumped and played around in the lake. It was nothing like my old pack. My old pack was too serious and no one was kind to each other. 

         In this pack, everyone knows everyone. We are a real family and that's what makes us one of the strongest packs in the world. This past year has been one of the best years of my life. I stooped cutting and began to eat again, all with the help of my best friend/ Alpha Vance. 

      Oh, and did I mention that I am now Beta?

        I am no longer the tiny little weak girl, that got rejected by her mate. I am one of the strongest wolves in my pack. After Vance found me, I told him everything about what happened to me when I was kid, all the way up to being rejected. 

       He understood completely and was more angry about me getting rejected than I was. Ever since then, he's taken it upon himself to always protect me and train me himself. I couldn't ask for a better best friend.

      He wasn't the only friend I've made though since I've come here. There's Molly, she is the badass of the pack, who doesn't take shit from anyone. Then there's Jake, Molly's mate, he's always the one to solve problems between the pack members, he's really smart and its sometime obnoxious because he knows it. Then there's the twins, Trey and Trevor, they are crazy. 

       I laughed as I watched Trey throw Molly into the lake. She comes up choking on water while the twins are laughing their asses off. She flips them off and starts muttering a string of curse words that would make her mother have a heart attack if she heard.

      I tense slightly as someone sits next to me, I relax as I realize it's just Vance. He puts his arm around me and my nose scrunches up, "Ew, you are all wet" I say as I go to remove his soaking arm from around my shoulder.

       He just laughs and picks me up completely soaking my shirt. "Vance, put me down you mutt!" I screech as he takes off for the pond. "NO, I swear to the wolf spirits if you throw me in there I will--" My sentence was cut off as I was thrown into the water. The water filled my mouth and I began choking underwater on the nasty salt water. 

        Oh, I am so getting back at him for that.

         I kicked my legs and breathed in deeply once my head was above water. I noticed Vance on the ground laughing and I just glared at him. "Payback's a bitch." I muttered once I walked past him. I shivered slightly at the cool air. 

       I sat down on a bench and watched as everyone began picking up their stuff. Finally we were going back in. I kept shooting glares at Vance who was still quietly chuckling to himself. I rolled my eyes as I stood up and began walking to my car. 

       I hopped in the driver's seat and waited for Vance to get in on the passenger side. Once he was in, I took off not even talking to him. He could tell I was still pissed which only made him laugh harder.

        "Aww, Ren I'm sorry" He cooed using my nickname he gave me.

        I just rolled my eyes in response and ignored him. I would definitely get him back for that. I sighed in relief as we pulled up to the house or should I say mansion. I hopped out of the car once it was parked and bolted for the door.