Chapter 13

***Authors Note: HI if you're from Instagram. HI if you're from Wattpad!! HI if you're here just to be here!! I love you all!! A reminder that you can find live updates of my most recent stories on my Instagram: @wdweditor as I do not move those stories to Wattpad until they have been completed!! I love you all babes!! Thank you for your love you all add to my reasons to smile!***

Whitney's POV

A Week Later

I checked my phone again hoping for another message from Zach. Text. Snap. Anything.

And nothing.

"Stop checking your phoneeeee. You're gonna drive yourself crazyyyy." Tate sang from the other side of the room.

"Yeah yeah, I KNOW." I said, throwing it at her.

She caught it just as it started buzzing.

"Ok that's freaky give it back." I said, staring at her.

She threw it back at me and I saw it was Gabbie. I answered it.

"Hey girl can you do me a favor pleaseeee?" She asked.

"Sure. What's up?"

"I'm rushing getting out of Gordy's to meet Jack for dinner. Any way you could maybe meet me down there and help me clean up so I can close up faster?"

"Uh. Sure. I'm on my way.

At Gordy's

I arrived at Gordy's and it was empty.

I looked around but couldn't find Gabbie.

I pulled out my phone and called her. "Gabbie where are you?"

"Oh yeah. I'm not there. I lied."

"Gabbie what-"

Suddenly, I heard music coming from the stage.

I heard a familiar voice singing our favorite song, "Buy a round for my best friends, they just got in town. They're telling me their love life's fucked, I'm calming them down. Then I'm wondering if I'll ever know what I found."

I turned around and saw Zach standing on stage.

He continued, "I'm stumblin' home
I'm stumblin' home. And I'm thinking about you. I'm stumblin' home. Just thinking about you. I'm stumblin' home. And I'm thinking about you. I'm stumblin', I'm stumblin' home. And wondering how we got so lost. I'm stumblin', I'm stumblin' home."

"Zach, what the hell are you doing?" I said, laughing at him.

"C'mon you gonna join me or what?" He said, dancing around the stage.

I shook my head and walked up to the stage. "Got myself a new lover they just locked me down. But tonight we're drinking too much Captain and Crown. After chasing each other all over this town.I'm stumblin' home. I'm stumblin' home. And I'm thinking about you. I'm stumblin' home. Just thinking about you. I'm stumblin' home. And I'm thinking about you..."

He sang, "Buy a round for my best friends, they just got in town."

Me "They're telling me their love life's fucked, I'm calming them down."

And together, we both finished off the song, "Then I'm wondering if I'll ever know what I found..."

He pulled me in close to him and I looked up at him.

"No matter what I say, no matter what I do, I'm always gonna love you." He said, looking me in the eyes.

"That's all I needed to hear." I said, crashing my lips onto his.

We heard cheering from behind us and pulled away to see all of our friends sitting in the audience.

We looked at each other and both laughed.

"Oh and uh, Jonah? I just wanna say, friends with benefits DOES in fact work!" Zach said into the microphone and pulling me in close to him and all of our friends joined us on stage in a group hug.