five

Harry

It smells like stale cigarettes and chemicals in this conference room and the light from the projector in front of me is blinding. I haven't seen Grace since they put me in handcuffs at The Metro. I kept asking about her as we waited, and they told me she had gotten stitches and is home resting.  

I assumed as much but wanted to know for sure.  She had a curveball thrown at her today, and so did I. I didn't know Weber would try and attack so soon, let alone threaten someone like Grace. Knowing who she is, who her dad is, he's asking for a death sentence.  But Grace handled it well and I was pleasantly surprised with how smoothly everything was working out in my favor. She was much like her father. Hard-headed, strong, caring.  

"Where's the German?" a voice interrupts my thoughts. 

I smile at Agent Owen Cooper and lean casually back in the swivel chair, twirling around in it until I'm dizzy.

"I'm not going to tell you," I laugh.

"You gave him a deadly weapon," he said sternly.

"That's the price of doing business Owen, you know that. You want to get things done properly, there is a price to pay. The girl is safe, Weber is in custody, what more do you need?"

Hunter has been staring at me like he wants to lunge at me for the last five minutes. The man looks so pissed off all the time, I can't help but wonder what's made him so angry. Perhaps an angry wife at home, or not one at all. Either way, I didn't like him or the way he speaks to Grace like she is less than him. It made my blood boil just thinking about it.

"You turned yourself in so you could get that weapon," Agent Hunter accuses me, his finger pointed at me like I'm a child who's just drawn with crayon on the wall. I chuckle at him, not only does he look like an asshole, but he is one.

"I have my own intelligence, Adam. I certainly don't need yours."

Agent Cooper shakes his head at me- he's the disappointed father in our relationship and I'm the rebellious teenager who he thinks wants to steal his car. Except little does he know I have been stealing his keys and sneaking out every night this week. 

"I think we're done here," he mumbles as he stands up, shutting the binder he held in front of him. The binder that detailed all of the charges I faced and the itnellegiance I had on Weber.

"Let's do it again," I smile, standing up from my seat as well. I place my hands on the table, watching as they all pack up their things. "Understand that Weber was only the first."

Both Cooper and Hunter stop what they're doing, turning their heads towards me.

"First what?"

I shrug.

"Names, you know, on the list. The list I've been cultivating for over five years. Politicians, hackers, traffickers, spies. The ones you can't find because you don't even know they exist. If you want the names on that list, you have to play by my rules. I never sleep in the same location for more than three nights in a row. I want my own security. Whatever I tell you falls under an immunity package that I negotiate myself. And finally, I speak only with Grace Tyler."