Chapter 6

Nisa's eyes were all red and swollen from crying out all her anger last night. No amount of water from taking a bath could get the puffiness and redness out. Good thing Yuri left early that morning; she simply left a note to Nisa on the kitchen counter, along with some medicines. Now was the right time to go out and see for herself. She wanted to know about Raina.

Arriving at the cemetery, Nisa adjusted her shades then walked east, where Raina's grave was located, according to her classmate. It didn't take long before she finally saw the tree her classmate told her about; she said that from the tree, Nisa should count about seven graves. The last one belongs to Raina.

Slowly Nisa walked towards the grave and read the name written on the stone.

"Sorry I didn't bring any flowers...I was still hoping it wasn't true...that you've passed away already..."

Fourth listened to Nisa speak to Raina's grave. He had no intention to let her know that he was there but she was able to sense his presence anyway and looked back even before he can take a step backwards.

"I guess you already know what happened..." Fourth said as he approached Nisa. After that he set the flowers down on the ground.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to find out..."

"It's okay, Nisa."

"When you said you lost her forever I thought Raina's grandfather just took her away from you..."

"That day was horrible. I felt so miserable and useless and helpless that day. Even worse when I found out she already passed away. Her personal nurse — the one her grandfather hired to take care of her, found me and told me what happened.

Raina was so depressed about losing our baby and being locked up inside her grandfather's house; she'd rather die than live with the thought of..."

Suddenly, Fourth stopped in mid-sentence after he saw an old man walking towards their direction.

 "You're still visiting her, I see..." the old man began to speak. Nisa had no idea who the old man was, but seeing the reaction on Fourth's face, she realized that the old man might be Raina's grandfather.

"I have nothing to say to you." Fourth said, coldly.

"I finally realized my mistake."

"Don't you think it's too late for that now?"

Silence. The old man simply looked down on Raina's grave and sighed.

"All she ever wanted was to play the piano." Fourth continued. Raina could sense tension in the air now. If the old man was angry, it didn't show on his face. But as for Fourth, he was clenching his fists; he was desperately controlling his anger. "Why was it so hard for you to give her that?"

"You know the story,"

"Yes, I know the story. But Raina is not her mother."

"She did what her mother did before — run away with a man."

Fourth glared at Raina's grandfather. He was taller than the old man and if he wanted to, he can easily push him away, like he did years ago when he and Raina escaped him for the last time. But this time, there was someone to stop his anger from exploding. Nisa gently held his right hand and looked at him, her eyes telling him not to do anything stupid.

"She wouldn't run away if you gave her freedom to do what she really loves." Fourth said, while Nisa continued to hold his hand. His hand was a bit more relaxed now. "I don't think you were sincere when you said you realized you're mistake already. If you did then you won't be putting the blame on her mother or on me or to anyone else. If I were in Raina's place, there's no way I'd forgive you. But considering its Raina, she had probably forgiven you by now. It's not too late old man. Try to realize your mistake while you're still here on Earth."