Chapter Twenty - You Ran

"Your first song on the album is the one you wrote and recorded. We'll re lay it, but it was brilliant." DJ smiled as he spoke and I found myself wondering what he was thinking. Did he really think I had what it took to do this.

I looked down at the contract I had just signed, the ink was still drying.

"Now?" I whispered.

"No, in a few days. For now we need more songs."

"I could write some I guess." I smiled.

"All right, how about you go home and work on some material, we'll meet here when you're ready and lay them down as demo's and review?"

"Sounds great." I smiled.

"Wonderful."

DJ took the contract and stood up. He placed it inside a black plastic slip and then walked over to his office door. "We're going to take you places Scarlett."

From the moment I left emperor, to the minute I drove up my driveway I had lyrics firing through my head. It was like a pringles container had been opened in my mind and I just couldn't stop.

However once I was home, sitting in front of my computer my mind drew a complete blank.

I watched you tube videos for half an hour, then read emails, then Googled pictures of cats.

Before I knew it I'd wasted over an hour.

"Come on Jackson.... focus." I mumbled to myself.

I clicked on my home button and it took me to a news page. As if by fate Xaviers face was smack dab in the middle of it. Rock star fathers actress' child.

I shouldn't have read the article. It was pure bullshit, at least I knew it was. Their was a picture of the actress. She was beautiful, I had a hard time believing she'd ever had trouble with guys.

The article quoted a source. It didn't take a rocket scientist to work out who was behind it.

Noah was trying to hurt us from afar, not that it mattered now. All the hurt that could be done, we'd done to ourselves.

I resisted the urge to call him. No doubt he'd have been in contact with his parents to clear it up. I couldn't be the one to check on him. He didn't want me too.

I closed the browser and stared at the empty notepad, suddenly the words came to me, and I couldn't stop writing.

I feel like I can't breath,

you're no longer there, when I turn to find you

I feel like there's no hope for me

You were the one thing that made me feel complete

and I, don't want to say goodbye

but I, don't have a choice anymore

You left and you, walked out the door

You ran, you cried, you hid, you lied.

I should hate you, but as much as I try

I sit here, just loving you more.

I feel like I can't live,

If I close my eyes, Will I just disappear

There's nothing that I wouldn't give

To take back the moment when our hearts teared

and I, don't want to say goodbye

but I, don't have a choice anymore