The Pre-Apocalypse

In Medieval times, the knights of the round table were trained dragon slayers. They were the ones after all who guarded King Arthur and the Holy Grail.

The Dragons were seen as a threat, which started with Morgan LaFaye, and the black magic as her sorcerery, they became enslaved and sworn enemies of the Knights of Templar.

However, there was one dragon who was wise enough not to fall for Morgan LaFaye's insiduousness.

That dragon was deemed the name Vitrius. Which means crystal glass in latin.

Vitrius, made a magic spell, encasing the strongest of the dragon skeeters (the ones who are original dragons and not hybrids or not mixed with human blood) in a special crystalline coating to prevent them from fighting the knights. There they will remain, until they can be fit roam free among the vast realms of Earth and Heaven.

Whoever can find the Vitrean Temple can call to arms, and take command of all the DragonSkeeters. 

They are the last resort, the most secret yet vulnerable weapon to help mankind in their fight against the zombies int he Pre-Apocalypse.

 Dragons were once Guardians of the Sun. In Egyptian myth for example, the Egyptian god of the heliophants named Ra had to chase the sun across the river to the underworld, before it was captured by a giant serpant god named Apep.

These giant serpents with wings were powerful, breathing fire and guarding several key temples that were thought to be fabled, but are likely to exist in reality.

The dragon Vitreus was the sole keeper of a certain element an indestructible weapon called the firestone, that captured it’s enemies in a hypnotic laser and was capable of destroying them with blasts of fire.

Vitreus being the last of the original dragon hybrids, was one of the first born. His scales were of pure firey copper and his eyes were gold disks, with the strength of a 1,000 burning suns.

When Vitreus was bathing in the Mobi desert, as he travelled far from his home in search of new lands to conquer and breed, he was bitten by a strange thing, a super mutant of a mosquito. He developed stingers, like a scorpion and now sucks blood, but only from parasites. He doesn’t dare go near humans, who have been hunting his kind for years.

And so, he developed a sort of precarious attitude towards humanity at large.

Before the knights of templar captured him and almost killed him, of course, he was given a supernatural gift, to be able to telepathically communicate with his dead ancestors.

Anyone who taps into his native tongue can hear the voices of the Vitreans throughout their lifetime. But they must be able to hold the firestone without being punished.

Only a truly innocent human being, someone devoid of sin can hold it.

One day a powerful leader among the dragon skeeters, travelled to the present, in the days of the Pre-apocalypse.

He was a tall strong man, not quite a full hybrid as he hadn’t developed blood sucking abilities but I could tell he had firey amber eyes, like those of a true Vitrean.