The forest

Ok, so I know Im a terrible person for not updating but I just reread this and finally have time to update!

Enjoy and comment please!

~~~||~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~||~~~

"Yugi," Yami says in a voice that he must see as calming, "before we enter there are some things you should know, and if you have questions ask now."

I look up at him cautiously. This could all be just a trap to get me into the forest. The Darks tended to drag us Lights into the forest, be it by force or trickery.

"The forest will see you as a light that it needs to snuff out or convert. I will not allow this to happen of corse, but to do that I need you to stay close to me. This forest is not safe," he says carefully, as to not frighten me away.

"Snuff me out? You mean kill me?" I ask, glancing at the darkness seeping from the woods. He softly bites his bottom lip and nods.

"Can I trust you? I mean honestly trust you?" I whisper, giving away how frightened I am in the way my voice wavers.

His crimson eyes look at me with an odd look of confusion, like he was somewhat hurt that I questioned his truthfulness. "I will never lie to you."

"How can I trust what you are saying now?"

He suddenly smiles the most stunning smile I've ever seen, catching me completely off guard, "Because you are my other half."

I feel myself smile back as he squeezes my hand softly. I believe him.

"Is there anything else you want to know before we go inside?"

I shake my head and tighten my grip on his hand in fearful anticipation. I take a deep breath and let him lead me the few steps it takes to enter the forest.

An eerie light is filtered through the trees, bathing us in grey. Yami's eyes appear like blood and seem to be unaffected by the grey veil that covers everything else. The bark of every tree is a charcoal black and looking up greats me with no sign of the tees eyre stopping.

The wind carries menacing whispers as if the trees were talking about me. I feel myself shrink into Yami's warmth as arctic like winds assault my skin.

"Things have changed drastically in such a short time..." I hear Yami mutter darkly as his eyes sweep over the scene in front of us.

The laughter of a mad man echoes around us, sounding vaguely familiar.

"Welcome back your majesty," an unseen, haunting voice taunts, "I see you've brought a delicious pet in this time!"

I glance up at Yami, whose face seems devoid of emotion as his eyes glance around to pinpoint the owner.

"Yami Marik," his voice calls out, bitterly formal, "I see that even in the event of my death you are still too afraid to meet me face to face."

"I am not dumb enough to fall for that. You have plenty of power, at least for now," Yami Marik hisses causing me to involuntarily shiver due to the venom that laced every word. Yami glances at me with worry for a second before focusing again.

"Worried about your little pet?" Yami Marik questions, his voice suddenly coming from behind us, causing myself to whip around to face the sound of the voice. "Your pet is quite vulnerable. It would be so easy for me to crush him slowly and feed him to my pets..."

Without warning Yami lets out a threatening growl and pulls me against his chest. No sooner did he do that an arrow flies out of the trees into the spot where my head used to be.