12 | A Date?

☆☆☆ Chapter 12 ☆☆☆

A Date?

*Ane's Point of View (POV)*

Daniel never fails to get on my nerves!

Every single time I'm just tryin' to do my job, Daniel breaks into a dumb cold sweat and peeks a look or two at me when he believes that I'm not noticing! He doesn't even tell me what to do anymore and I just end up standing around like a bum doin' nothing. To kill time, I try to do some dusting and general cleaning, but I can't even do that right 'cuz the regular maids at the residence already do the job well before I even get started. I gotta say that at the very least he's no longer shy and stuttering like crazy── now he's just shy. Where is his annoying perverted self? Did it die off without me noticing? Did it go on vacation to Brazil looking for butts instead of boobs, or is it hiding somewhere within him, waiting 'til I least expect it to come out so that I can be surprised for once?

I just can't stand looking at a Daniel that barely says a peep! Talk, Daniel, talk! Geez, he's not even that charming right now, he's just a scared little kid and it's irritating to the max. I know I may have jinxed it a while back when I said he would be a nice guy that may be on par with me if his perverted self were gone, but this just blows everything way out of proportion. I never expected this.

☆☆☆

Enough is enough, I tell ya!

In the exact millisecond that I noticed Daniel's emerald eyeballs sneak a quick glance at me in between the clicks of his mouse and computer, I crossed my arms and stomped one of my feet onto the ground hard enough to make the floor around me rumble. Daniel jumped in his seat, shaken by my sudden uproar. "Daniel!" I began. "What is it? Just tell me already! Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt your pretty little feelings or somethin'? I already said I'm sorry 'bout scratchin' your arms y'know!" He puckered his lips and looked right back at his computer screen. "Daniel!"

"Trust me it's nothing," he finally said, pretty meekly. "It's nothing, really."

Looking at him from the back of the computer monitor, I was solely able to see the messy wad of golden spikes poking out of his head. He looked just as he behaved: like a quiet little brat.

Wait, hold on a moment! If he's just a brat right now, then what if I... ?

"Daniel!" I started again, and this time I galloped towards him so fast that both he and I couldn't process it until it was too late. I jumped myself onto him, making sure to land really hard. His eyes almost popped out of his sockets when I managed to sit on him, face to face, as the rolling chair supporting the both of us flipped and made us fall to the ground. Yup, I was a little too heavy for him and probably broke a bone or two, but hell why does that have to matter right now? I'm tryin' to squeeze somethin' out of him anyway! "Think fast!" I exclaimed with a grin so wide that it almost matched a madman's. Before Daniel knew it, my hands were all over his body, tickling the living daylights out of him. "This is what you get for not telling me, you naughty, naughty boy!"

Daniel writhed all around the floor not in pain, but in laughter. The expressions that he was making were so weird and shriveled up that I ended up laughing along with his cute self. He kept squealing and oinking about like a pig in between his fits of giggles and cries, pleading for me to stop. He was so loud that I thought that someone was bound to come inside, but boy was I wrong. Nobody was there to save him except for me (and obviously I won't spare him), and that was the best part of it all!

Daniel was laughing so much that tears were practically gushing out of his eyes (and I think he was also struggling to breathe, but that won't stop me 'til I see his face turn blue). "I won't stop until you tell me what's up with you, you scrub!" My devious self said.

"F-Fine!" He forced himself to squeal out. "D... Da── " Geez, he was also drooling! He's pretty weak with tickles, ain't he? Whatever, it's still cute. He's a cute brat. "Date! Date! Gods, date! Just fucking... d-date me!" He coughed out. I raised my hands up, and rushed to put them behind my back. Did... did I just hear him right? "I... I um── heh," he laughed in between his words. Tears were still gushing out of his eyes. "I like you. C-Can I please go on a date with me── uh, w... with you?"

A date! Hmph! He was all fidgety and irritating for that? Ha! Can you believe it?

Wait, a date? ...Who would want to have one with Daniel out of all people (aside from Teresa)?

I felt myself nod as heat rushed to my face. "Yeah, sure."

Oh shoot, I apparently would with Daniel, out of all people (shoot... why?!).

☆☆☆

C'mon Ane, ya gotta make some sense of what happened! You agreed to go out with him once. Just once, alright? Nothing more!

Like, take advantage of this, Ane! If you go, then you would be able to set things straight for yourself! Yes, you'll be able to know how you feel 'bout that confusing brat, 'cuz one minute you say he's cute and then the next minute you're complaining 'bout how annoying he is! Even if you end up realizing that there's nothing good 'bout him except for his face, your main goal will be achieved; to show him that he could do much better than your sister Teresa if he is ever gonna be with anyone.

Wait, why am I talking in third person? Actually, whatever, that doesn't matter.

You know what does matter? That sweet glow on Daniel's face when I agreed to go out with him! Sure, he let out a moony sigh as soon as I said yes, but that face of his really surprised me when it lit up like fireworks on a Fourth of July. It made me think of an excited dog wagging his or her tail a dozen times per second. The joy written all over his face was in a stupendously large font, basically?

Oh, man! I wonder what I should wear for our date?

☆☆☆

Today is the day. Right here, right now.

After a week of Daniel planning what to do for this one day, he finally said he was ready, and had given me a certain time to meet with him. I can only wonder where we were going to go, but I was fine with that. This time, I was certain he wasn't going to ruin our day. He was confident, and so was I.

Dressed with a shirt that resembled a dress with a pair of knee-length black pants and a bandana as my headband along with just a dash of wine-red matte lipstick, it was obvious to all who saw me that I was born to make people's hearts flutter, 'cuz if I rock a maid's outfit then I can literally rock anything else. All I had to do was walk down the steps that led me out to Daniel's front yard to prove it to the world (and Daniel, specifically).

Leaning against a squeaky clean ride, there he was, waiting for me. I couldn't help but go down the steps in a glamorous fashion when I was noticed.

Though I know I say this many times, Daniel himself isn't even half bad, if bad at all; he's a handsome young man with wild spikes, shy waves, and charming emerald orbs in the place of his eyes. A bright smile is almost always stamped onto his beautiful face. His eyelashes are always on point, whether he knows it or not.

Crazily enough, there he was, wearing something similar to the sexy outfit he wore when I first met him: a light button-down shirt with its sleeves rolled up, khaki shorts, and a fancy watch. He didn't have to wear such an outfit, though── he could easily make someone's heart melt by just wearing a hot dog costume. He's Beauty itself.

"This is the one and only Ane, the one and only who swept me off my feet before she even knew it."

His words, without a doubt, made me feel special (more than usual).

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if I learn that I may have liked this guy for a while regardless of my endless fits of denial, just as equally as learning that I may have disliked him all along, but today is the day, nevertheless, that I learn which one of those two extremities it is that I feel for him, or if it's somewhere in between or far out of my normal scale of logic.