Chapter 2

John's POV

I'm an idiot, how could I not realise where my hand was, why did I grab him.

Now I've scared him.

I am reduced into tears after leaving the others to go to the 'bathroom'

The reason for my pain. I love him. No, I'm in love with him. And now I've lost him.

I can't just let him go, I climb out of the bedroom window and slowly I walk towards my home in order to make a plan to get him back, the home Sherlock had given me after my parents had thrown me out, 221B baker street.

But when I open the door I am left shocked, curled up in a ball on the floor, tears streaming from his wet eyes.

"Sherlock, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have..."

"Oh for Christ sake John!" He yelled "You don't get it do you!"

"What, Sherlock, what don't I get? It's me Sherlock, I'm not Anderson, you can talk to me."

"I'm in love with you John." he mumbled

I can hardely believe my ears.

"What did you say?"

""You heard what I said, I'm not saying it again."

"I...I.. Love.."

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything, it's okay, I understand, I'll leave. Goodbye John."

Slowly he got up, opening the door and brushing past the eavesdropping mrs Hudson, stood outside.

She tried to pretend she hadn't been listening, I may not be able to do what Sherlock does but I can read expressions, hers is shocked and filled with guilt, just like Sherlock's showed hurt... and pain.

I have to tell him.

I have to get over my fear of rejection.

He told me he loves me and I...

"Sherlock I love you too!"

"Really?" I heard a gentle voice reply.

"Oh God yes."