Chapter Three: Pain

Chapter three:

Pain

BPOV

I could hear mumbles of voices around me, but I couldn’t make out who they were.

The pain in my chest suddenly started to ease as I heard the murmurs of voices getting slightly louder, which then made me able to hear more of what was going on.

“Bella”

“Edward”

“Agony” was all murmured, but I didn’t know who it was that said that.

I couldn’t tell how much time had passed since I had first started feeling this pain, but it was starting to ease now, until finally it all stopped, and all that I could feel was a small hand in my left hand and a body wrapped tightly around me, pulling me towards them.

I kept my eyes closed for a few seconds, just to make sure that the pain had really gone, and then I slowly started to open my eyes, blinking up at the bright light above me.

“Bella?”

“Edward?”

I heard Esme whisper, and I went to tell her that Edward was out hunting, but then the body wrapped around me pulled me closer to them, causing me to shot up into a sitting position and look at Edward who was clutching me to his chest as he nuzzled his face into my neck and taking deep breaths as he breathed in my scent.

“What happened?” I asked, as I pulled away from Edward slightly and pulled Nessie closer to the two of us, she still looked a little run down, but I was sure that she would be better within the next few days.

“We were wondering if you could tell us?” Emmett said.

“I don’t know, one minute there was nothing, we were watching Ness, and the next I was in agony.”

“The same thing happened to me,” Edward said, pulling back slightly, “I didn’t even get to hunt.”

Edward turned to me, “Bella, Love, are you alright?” He ran his hands down, along my cheeks to my hands, before stopping and wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his chest, squashing Ness in between us.

“I’m alright Honey.” I soothed him, running my hands through his hair.

“Edward, Bella?” Alice interrupted the two of us, gazing into each other’s eyes, “Would you mind moving away from each other please?”

“No Alice, do you have any idea what just happened? Did you see anything?” Edward demanded, looking over at her as she stood with Jasper’s arms wrapped protectively around her.

“I don’t really know what I saw, but I think it might explain this.”

Edward and Alice stared at each other for a few more seconds, even though he couldn’t read her mind, as I had only just realised that I had subconsciously wrapped my shield around both him and Ness, he sighed started to move away from me, but Alice stopped him again.

“Wait Edward,” Alice looked at me, “Bella, tell him that you don’t want him to go.”

“What?” I frowned at her.

“Please Bella, just trust me, OK?” I studied her for a few more seconds, but quickly realised that she wasn’t going to give me a reason, so I sighed and turned to Edward.

“Edward, don’t go.” I told him.

“You can move now Edward,” Alice spoke up, “Ness step away from them.”

Ness looked reluctant to move, but I knew that she trust her future seeing Auntie with her life, so she jumped up, as fast as an ill child could, and made her way over to her grandma Esme.

Edward started to move away from me, and then stood up when he was about one foot away.

“What now?” Carlisle questioned.

“Edward you need to step back a bit more.” Alice instructed him.

“OK.” Edward frowned again, and I want to get up and go to him and our daughter, but something was obviously about to happen, so I just let Alice do what she wanted.

As soon as Edward took those final to steps away from me, the pain started. I heard Edward start to scream at the same time that I did, and a second before I heard, “Put them next to each other” being said hurriedly by Alice, and then all of my senses vanished.